Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Fall Continues to Charm Us






Mowing in November?  Riding bikes, too?  This cannot be!  We are truly enjoying this fall weather.  I do believe it has been a rather marvelous fall here in Indiana.  This past week, we have enjoyed a couple trips to get apples from a local orchard.  Pink Ladies are my new favorite, a crisp sweet and tart apple.  Also, we were privileged to have Ryan participate in an all-district honor jazz band last Sunday.  He is going to audition for the all-state honor band as well.  The younger two are doing amazingly well in their new school with A averages.  I am very happy with their efforts.  Now it is time to start preparing for the holidays!

10 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the weather, its been a bit bi polar here. cold temps a few days followed by not so bad .. oh my goodness does my yard need to be mowed too? kinda thinking. Today though the high maybe 49 I am having to tackle the foundation..gotta get some of the missing mortor along our foundation patched in, we been battling one to many lil critters for my taste in the cellar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holidays need to slow down in my world. I can't keep up lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not looking forward to the hustle of the holidays, but here they come!

      Delete
  3. Chuck reminded me tonight that this time last year we had 2.5 inches of snow! I'll take this weather any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we have had a lovely fall too, after that one snowfall. Our kale is still growing! Enjoy a peaceful and happy holiday time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I've ever had a Pink Lady but now I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be a rare apple, although I have found them at the grocery store a time or two. They are worth the effort to find. My orchard doesn't have a lot of the trees, so I will get another bag soon.

      Delete
  6. I have to agree that it has been a lovely season of fall so far. We've had bits and pieces of all kinds of weather. Warms my soul :) I don't think I've tried a Pink Lady apple but I've seen them in my stores. My favorite is the Honey Crisp and it sounds quite similar in being a sweet and tart, crisp apple. Is it good for baking too?

    Enjoy your November days! Winter is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures. Sounds like you're having a great fall.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails