Ah, Thanksgiving! Who doesn't love getting together with extended family and feasting? No presents to buy, no extensive decorating, just delegate the menu, clean the house, fix broken chairs, break your foot in the process... Yes, I broke my foot gluing our old chairs together in preparation for Thanksgiving. It just made for a more interesting day. My family jumped in and carried out my every order to finish the work on my list. God bless them. We did have a lovely time. After our feasting, I went to the urgent care and got a boot. I will be good to go, er hobble, until Christmas. Online shopping, delegating the baking, ordering groceries for pick-up will be just the life-line I need. I am thankful for all the modern conveniences and that I can still drive with my good right foot! How was your Thanksgiving?
Friday, November 27, 2015
A Happy Thanksgiving
Ah, Thanksgiving! Who doesn't love getting together with extended family and feasting? No presents to buy, no extensive decorating, just delegate the menu, clean the house, fix broken chairs, break your foot in the process... Yes, I broke my foot gluing our old chairs together in preparation for Thanksgiving. It just made for a more interesting day. My family jumped in and carried out my every order to finish the work on my list. God bless them. We did have a lovely time. After our feasting, I went to the urgent care and got a boot. I will be good to go, er hobble, until Christmas. Online shopping, delegating the baking, ordering groceries for pick-up will be just the life-line I need. I am thankful for all the modern conveniences and that I can still drive with my good right foot! How was your Thanksgiving?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry to hear about your foot. Online shopping is the way to go. Happy Thanksgiving, I feel the same about the day, just a day with friends and family.
ReplyDeleteSilly, but posts like this make me feel better. Hubby had to work yesterday, and as luck would have it, he had an ER case come through. It helps me to imagine his patient as one of my friends. I'm really sorry about your foot, but glad you have those big helpers!
ReplyDeleteOh dear! Here's a hug for you. And thank you for your positive attitude, dear Jenn. You are such an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness.. what a Thanksgiving to remember, may you heal swiftly and during the down time have much to reflect on and soak in Gods love and healing
ReplyDeleteOh my! I'm so sorry about your foot. ((hug)) and will pray that you are able to find light duty to keep you healing quickly.
ReplyDelete