Thursday, March 19, 2015

Looking Forward to Spring

Little Dorothy is looking forward to spring. 

Today is the last day of winter!!  Here in Indiana that means 50's by day, and 30's by night.  It also means no more snow and ice.  And, some times we get a day or two of 60's or 70's.  We do get a lot of rain, but that brings flowers and green grass.

Another great thing about spring is the end of tax season in a month.  My husband is hanging in there.  He is such a hard worker.  I admire this ability to continue on day after day.  I am also thankful for his good job. And we know this season will end, making our lives a lot nicer.

This week my homeschoolers and I have been on a spring break.  My public school child is off next week for two weeks.  Grace and Trevor enjoyed three days with their Nana.  I enjoyed a quiet house!  I cleaned our carpets, too.  And I got the garage refrigerator cleaned out.  I am not sure what else I will do.  I'd love to clean the windows, but am not ready to remove the plastic.

So that is what is going on around here.  I hope you are enjoying the start of spring, too!
~Jenn

7 comments:

  1. I'm ready for spring too and looking forward to doing a little cleaning myself. Have a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I am looking forward to Spring! Probably will get some flurries before Spring finally sets in. Seems that we usually due until the IHSAA basketball champ is crowned. Enjoy your cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo for Spring even though your's sounds still a little chilly. I'm so ready for warm sun and flowers. I can't wait. Glad you had a nice little Spring break and bravo for getting the carpets and fridge done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sounds lovely! We still have snow and expect another snowy day tomorrow, but today will be above freezing! I cleaned out part of my fridge, if that counts as spring cleaning....

    Thank you so much for your encouraging comment on my review of Gretchen Rubin's new book. I really value your opinion and it means a lot to me, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super blog! So nice you 'praise' your husband :-) My husband has garden chairs taken from the barn loft. And I've cleaned the backyard. There bloom grape hyacinths and daffodils in small pots. I smell the spring and I hear the birds. that makes me happy and relieved. The dark winter is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready for change, too. I'm not sure what spring will bring but I hope it will be home with my acres of dirt and mud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great start to your spring. Ours started way early, late February, but thankfully it's still going on. We are already enjoying 60 degree weather. Ahhh, springtime is so nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails