Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Middle of December

Another great weekend came and went. Friday our oldest was in a jazz band competition in a college town an hour south. The college jazz department furnished judges. We really enjoyed the evening.  He won an award for musicianship for one of his solos. He was also picked to play in a combo group.

Saturday morning we ran some errands, then we made the trip up to church to see the Christmas musical. Afterwards we had dinner with my parents and grandmother.  It was a special evening.

Sunday we were back to church with no special afternoon plans, so we watched an old movie starring Bing Crosby, Going My Way. I made a big lasagna, and we worked on Christmas cards, finally.

This week we have 2 parties and a karate competition.  Life is full!


13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying all the festivities of this time of the year. We've had some nice slow calm days, which I love with not too much going on. I got my cards in the mail yesterday. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice calm days are the best!! Glad you are well, Heather!

      Delete
    2. Hi Jennifer, I left you a message on my blog, but not sure if you'd check back. Annie's Attic has some good stitch descriptions and some videos that your daughter might like to check out. https://www.anniescatalog.com/pages/stitchguide/index.html?cid=3. Also, if you google youtube videos on crochet, you'll find a lot of helpful videos that will help her with stitches and technique. Have a great day! Heather

      Delete
  2. You have been busy! We are trying to pick ourselves back up and find the energy to keep up with the season . . . slowly. The Christmas musical sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the season for busy! This week is especially busy around here. I am looking forward to Saturday when we can take a breather. An old movie and a pan of lasagna might be just what we need this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie and lasagna were just what we needed, Wendi. We had to say no to a fun party, which was hard to do. We can only do so much, I guess.

      Delete
  4. Life is indeed full!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week. Glad he did so well in his concert.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails