I spent the last several days at her bedside at my dad's house off and on. It is wonderful to see family and friends and visit with them. It has been a comfort being with my family. We are all in a state of disbelief. If you knew my grandma, you would be too. She is only 82, and quite a busy lady with many volunteer jobs around her town at the senior citizens center, church, and even has a trained comfort dog to take to schools for kids to read to. She is a force of nature herself!
It was last May that she was given the diagnosis of cancer. There was nothing they could do. And so, she moved home a few months ago so that her family could care for her. The doctors here were going to try a few things to maybe slow the beast down. Well, the chemo was too much for her, and the cancer just spread faster.
I am heartbroken. I am going to miss her so much. She was my cheerleader, coach, and prayer warrior. I am only sad for myself. I am glad for her. She will be finally at home with Jesus, no more cares, no more pain. And I will see her again, just not soon enough.

I am sorry to hear this. Although this is tough anytime the Christmas season seems to make these things harder. As I was reading about the many visitors Ecclesiastes 7:1-6 came to mind. Especially verse 2 "It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart."
ReplyDeletePraying for peace and comfort for you, my friend!
I'm so sorry for what you are having to go through right now Jenn. ♥ It's never a good time to lose someone you love. Rejoicing with you that you two will see eachother again and both of you will be just perfect. ((hugs)) and love my friend.
ReplyDeleteI hate the "c" word. It steals lives!
ReplyDelete(((((((((hugs)))))))))) no words really .....just heartbreaking with you and will praying for peace.
ReplyDeleteLosing loved ones is so sad.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your Grandmother Jennifer. Wishing your family peace as they say good-byes. Hugs, Heather
ReplyDeleteSo sorry.
ReplyDeleteHi, Jenn ~
ReplyDeleteResurfacing here after months away from my blog world. So very sorry to hear about your grandmother! I know how much it hurts to lose such an important person in your life, and at Christmastime, too. May the Lord give you His gift of inexplicable peace as you walk through this. (((hugs)))
I've been mostly offline for almost two weeks and did not see this any sooner. I am so sorry I couldn't pray for you earlier. But now I am asking God to give you the comfort and strength you need. ((hugs))
ReplyDelete