![]() |
| She doesn't like the train under the tree. |
This past weekend we had Jeff's company Christmas party at a fancy hotel to attend. I even got to purchase a new dress! I have not been all dressed up in a very long time. We had a great time. Jeff has nice coworkers, plus there was a pretty decent live band. Oh, and the food was endless. Each employee was given a hotel room, but we had to decline since we have church and children to attend to.
We also attended our annual Christmas brunch with dear family who live in a retirement home that goes all out for this event, another delicious buffet and wonderful live piano music. I ate too much, again! And we love spending time with family.
This week is super busy, too with a couple jazz band events for our oldest, a mom gathering for me to attend, and the usual activities. I am also excited that we have reached week 17 in our Sonlight. Just 19 more to go. We sure are enjoying all the great books, having just finished The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.
I think I forgot to mention that I received an early Christmas gift from my mom. She got me a Keurig! I had wanted one for a long time, when she got one. Then I had just about decided that I really didn't want one after all, when she brought me one at Thanksgiving! We have been having lots of fun trying new flavors. They are expensive, so we are trying to pace ourselves.

You do dressed up well.
ReplyDeleteTime sure does fly, I am thankful that our busyness ends this week then we are back to regular busy
I don't know when our regular busy will return! Soon!
DeleteI wonder the same thing about time. It does seem to be flying by! Sounds like you have been having a wonderful kind of busy.
ReplyDeleteYou and Jeff look so great in that picture. To bad you couldn't get the hotel. When we used to go to Paul's work party at a hotel back in Illinois, the staying overnight by ourselves was the best part. Kids packed off to family and friends house and enjoying a night by ourselves. :) So sweet of your mom to get the Keurig, I'm sure you're having lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteMaybe next year I will let the kids stay home by themselves overnight. I do think it would be a lot more fun!!
DeleteSounds really exciting! Love the train -- brings back childhood memories and not really sure why we don't have one under our tree. ...hmmm. My mom has a Keurig and really likes it, too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful photo of you and your husband. It sounds like you had a nice time. Time has been moving quickly for us as well and we were just talking about this as a family the other day. Your Christmas tree looks really pretty. Enjoy your early Christmas gift. Heather
ReplyDeleteYou look radiant my friend!!!! So happy memories for you this year :)
ReplyDelete