Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Happy Thanksgiving

We hosted Thanksgiving this year. Typically I stress out about hosting. Thankfully this year was different.  I started praying for a peaceful heart several days in advance. I prayed over my menu. I prayed over my housekeeping plan. I hired my kids at $5 an hour to help with little projects that were out of the ordinary,  like vacuuming the stairs, washing cabinets,  and dusting baseboards. It ended up that I only needed one man hour.  I had a great plan, and started the Monday before Thanksgiving,  each day after lessons. By Thursday, only a few things had to be done.  And the day went pretty well, too!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a peaceful Thanksgiving with family. Those are some lucky kids too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I love how you tackled hosting so carefully and thoughtfully and prayerfully and how you described it. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to stress with events like this, too! I loved your heart praying over the details from the menu to the chores, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at the long table! Looks like everyone had fun Jenn. I'm sure you are the most gracious of hostesses and everything went swimingly. Thankful for you my friend! Happy belated Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great plan and the day looks like it turned out great. So happy it went so well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails