The exciting first snow has arrived, bringing an increased holiday spirit, just a tad early. With my Christmas loving husband, we hung lights above our cabinets in the kitchen, got out his grandma's ceramic tree, listened to Christmas CDs, and watched 3 Christmas movies this past weekend! We even found Christmas cookie icecream. Today we are baking gingerbread to take to my grandma, recently relocated nearby to fight her cancer battle closer to family. I usually like to celebrate one holiday at a time, but this early winter wonderland is crying out for celebrating!
How exciting, we need snow here .
ReplyDeleteI know your Grandma will be glad to see you.
I'm jealous! It's unusually warm here in our part of the world. I'm just praying for a white Christmas and then it can be warm again.
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, happy decorating!
Happy first snow day!!! We love Christmas too but I must get through Thanksgiving before pulling out the decorations. Christmas music is another matter....I have six stations on my Pandora just for Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAwww... I am whispering "I will not covet. I will not covet." I am truly happy for your beautiful snow :) I patiently wait for our water provisions and secretly hope it comes with some snow falling soon.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lot of fun. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week. Though I'm looking forward to it, I can't believe how quickly it is here.
ReplyDeleteAh, yes, snow! I'm so glad we're having a warm week to melt it all next week. It was pretty, but driving is so much more complicated when the roads are bad. I love how you are already thinking about Christmas decorations. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad our snow has melted down to about your level, but now it's hard and slick. Enjoy your season... I'll just be here hibernating until spring. :)
ReplyDelete