Saturday, November 1, 2014

Another Glorious Week

Hello friends.  Another week is behind us.  This time we celebrated my youngest's 13th birthday.  I am not going to linger trying to figure out how he is already 13 years old.  Time is going crazy fast.

Monday was back to school and work for all five of us.  It is always hard to send my oldest off to school, but he really loves it, so I am adjusting.  That afternoon he needed me to pick him up because he was bringing a guitar to school that he could not take home on the bus very easily.  He also wanted me to take him to Target to get a new CD.



Nothing much went on Tuesday except for school and laundry.  By Wednesday, we decided to take the day off from school to celebrate our birthday boy.


We could not have a full birthday celebration with church that night, but we did manage to spoil him pretty rotten.  Grace and I blindfolded him and took him to lunch at his favorite restaurant, Panda Express.  Then we got him a DQ ice cream cake for after church.  In the afternoon, I let them rent a movie, Muppets Most Wanted.


Our week otherwise was pretty uneventful.  Ryan also took the PSAT on Wednesday.  He and I went to dinner on Thursday before his karate class on Thursday.  Friday we stayed home and enjoyed a nice quiet Halloween.  The weather turned out to be the most frightful part of the day.  It was a snowy, rainy, windy night.  Jeff set up my bike trainer, and we are all making good use of it.


Happy November!

6 comments:

  1. Time goes so quickly, seems like last year we had little ones.
    Happy birthday to Trevor. I love the bike trainer, will keep the riding going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bike trainer! I need to get back on my bike. It sits here....staring at me. Thought of you when I saw the cold blast that hit up that way. We did get down to 37 degrees here but expecting 70s later this week...that is the mid atlantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week. Love all the fun pictures. Glad you have the bike trainer, looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy November Jenn and Happy Birthday (again) to Trevor! Sounds like a fun week. I've never been to a Panda Express (I wonder where there is one?) anywho, my Jeff doesn't set up his trainer until he absolutely can't ride outside anymore. He rode earlier this week, but last night it was nasty windy and we got our first little snow. It's melted now this afternoon, but it sounds like cold & more snow is on it's way, next week the highs will only be around 30°. Right now I'm enjoying listening the the Bright Lights girls singing hymns (making a joyful noise (as some can't keep a tune)). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and love the title -- "another glorious week" ! ...and yum on Panda Express. We really enjoy the Bejing beef--so spicy and good.

    Happy November to you, too! -- my favorite month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday... I have been feeling most like your Blog Title.. BUSY AT HOME.. ha ha ha I am glad to hear all is well in your world... Happy November Pal!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails