I didn't realize how much we'd enjoy having these last two weeks off. Having Ryan home has been wonderful, too. I miss him so much when he is at school. And then to top it off, Jeff was on vacation this week.
Last week, we got to do a variety of things. I visited with my paternal grandmother, who is moving back to the area. We still had our weekly evening activities, which kept us busy, too. We rode our bikes every day. We got ready for our camping trip. We celebrated my birthday. Grace went on a special trip with grandparents to see family in North Carolina. The boys and I enjoyed some bonding time at the guitar store.
This week, we spent a few days at our favorite state park, Indiana Dunes. Being able to go during the week is always special, as the park is less crowded. We also spent a whole day with family who live in the area. We have never camped in such cold temperatures, but we survived.
We are so blessed to have had a wonderful fall break. I'm totally loving this "balanced calendar" of the local public school.
Beautiful girls! :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks very chilly - but lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteI am hoping we can go camping again some time before our older two leave the house. Julie is a city girl though, and the thought of roughing it does not appeal to her. I hope to try to convince her otherwise....
Sounds like such a great vacation. And the pictures look like fun. Glad it went so well.
ReplyDeleteLove your photos of the lake and dunes. So very beautiful. How wonderful to have a rest in the fall!
ReplyDeleteI guess I have to admit some jealousy of your exciting two weeks...hehe! Mine were a bit miserable in comparison but slowly my body is recovering and although I suffered, I still give praise. I am so grateful to live in a place where we can get some needed medications and feel better.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your days/weeks -- they inspire and encourage.
Pretty pictures! I'm glad you got to spend time with your immediate & extended family. It sounds like you packed a lot in. ♥
ReplyDelete