 |
| Comparing our feet! Mine are women's 12. |
I got a bit of a shock yesterday. The night before at AWANA, Trevor came home and said his toe was really hurting again. Immediately if was soaked in Epsom salt, hoping and praying it would not get infected again. But then it occurred to me that he actually might need new shoes, as his old ones were a year old. I had asked him a couple months ago about his shoes. He said they were fine. But, he has been doing a lot of growing lately, so I knew it was time to do something. And no wonder his toe was sore! He played kick ball with shoes that were 2 sizes too small. He needed a men's size 14!!
Now, I am in shock. I do not know anyone with that size of foot. And he is not yet 13. Not to mention that recently I had to buy him 36 inseam pants. All his clothes in fact are too small. I am praying his winter coat is OK. Boots? Ha! Who can afford those? He is 6 feet tall with size 14 shoes. I am in shock. I am in shock.
Looks like thrift shopping, craigslist and online sale pages on fb may be your friend.
ReplyDeleteAwww.... so glad that a new size shoe may help his toe. Too small of shoes can be so miserable.
ReplyDeleteHe is growing, that is for sure. Paulie went through the same thing. He kept telling us his shoes were fine, until they were so worn we had to get him new ones and when we did we had to get him ones that were 2 sizes bigger!! We asked Paulie why he didn't tell us sooner. He said, tell you what? They were fine. :) Boys. lol
ReplyDeleteI remember when my boys got to size 12 1/2....thought that was big! That is where they both stopped. And boys simple wear their shoes and do not seem to notice they are too tight....I had that happen many times.
ReplyDeleteWow! How tall is he?
ReplyDeleteIt must be the season for growth spurts. Joe recently passed me by in height and I think he's getting close to 5'8". All of the pants we just bought him in August for school are already too short. (I don't know what to do though because he is so skinny and if I buy longer pants - they just fall off. I need to find men's pants with those pull tabs like the kids' pants have) ;)
He is 6 feet, but that was a few months ago! I have the same problem with pants for Ryan. He is a 30×36,but needs a belt.
DeleteWhat are you feeding Mr. T anyway??? That is quite a growth spurt! My beloved Gpa was a shoe repairman and sold Redwing & Wolverine farm boots. He had his own shop in a small MN farming community (people use to even come to him from neighboring shops - of course, he charge practically nothing). He use to like to have pictures taken of himself with men that had particularily hard feet to fit. I forget what was the biggest size he fitted, but I know it was at least 17. Let's pray T doesn't get to that point. :).
ReplyDeleteMy words are few for this post... W O W
ReplyDelete