My problem is that my phone is an old, old Apple, and it won't automatically upload to my Google photo storage anymore. It's like I live in between two worlds! At one point things were working, though. And now the uploading has stopped.
(These are taken with my tablet. It's Android, so it works with Google. But I don't take my tablet with me, so I don't have many pictures on it.)
Otherwise, all is well here, mostly. School is going well for my oldest. He is getting all A's at this point. The everyday aspects of public school wears on me. Also the rigid, inflexible attitudes. Yet, there are things they do that are better than my own offerings, namely math and science, so we adapt and move along.
Our homeschool is moving along nicely. We are able to keep up with our reading, which is an accomplishment with Sonlight in high school. Grace loves reading, so I think I have finally found her happy place. She really enjoyed "Romeo and Juliet." Right now she is reading "Jane Eyre." She is also requesting more C.S. Lewis books.
Trevor, doesn't share Grace's love of reading, but is flying through high school geometry at age 12, so I am happy. He has been working on reading "Huckleberry Finn." We read "Tom Sawyer" last year.
Last weekend we stayed in a quaint little cabin at a state recreation area located in a state forest. We had a great time riding our bikes, walking in the woods, and just hanging out together. We had to cancel our Labor Day camping trip due to Ryan having strep throat. That was a first, canceling due to illness.
This weekend we have a bike tour and family reunion. I am bringing a big pumpkin cake, pasta salad, and fruit. We will also get some fried chicken. I am looking forward to seeing my family. I hope I can ride my bike the required 10 miles.
We are busy with AWANA as Trek (Jr. High) leaders. My oldest still does karate. Life is full. I need to find a way to upload some pictures from my phone, but decided not to keep me from writing.
~Jenn


Sounds like things are going great for you and your family. The camping trip and upcoming family get together sound fun. I have a good recipe for a pumpkin cake, I need to see if I can locate that and make it; it's that time of year! Take care, Heather
ReplyDeleteI just love that reading room!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I do too. It's my little nook. :)
DeleteI would like to spend a day reading in that chair, that space is wonderful. Glad you posted and may your first world problems work themselves out. Do you use the blogger app on your phone? I use that and like skipping the upload to the computer step.
ReplyDeleteMelissa, that room is the only spot in the house that is usually tidy, so I retreat there when I need a peaceful moment away from clutter. I have the Blogger app on my tablet, but it doesn't let me add photos and it is difficult to type on my tablet. My phone has no memory left. I can't even have the Facebook app. I keep deleting apps so make room for pictures. It's a very old phone!! What I need to do it take more pictures with my tablet, although, the quality is better on my phone.
DeleteHey friend thanks for stopping by, I have quite a few pic on my phone, but trying to get them to the computer and everything else.. I end up just saying.. FORGET ABOUT IT.. ha ha ha.. I am glad you posted pics I really really like that top photo...
ReplyDeleteI too do not like getting photos off my phone ect...And my blog is very neglected. Perhaps a post this weekend....
ReplyDeleteI adore Dorthy! She reminds me of our Abby. Just sitting somewhere ( usually in amongst books or dishes) looking beautiful.
Our middle son did not like to read. However I kept motivating him and we did the bare amount necessary. He also listened to a huge amount of books on tape. Now at the age of 23 I find him reading the classics " because I like them".
I'm so glad that you updated! The "quaint little cabin" sounds lovely. Sorry to hear of your photo to blog issues, but just glad to read an update :)
ReplyDeleteIts great to read an update, please don't let pictures stop you from writing. Though I do understand wanting some in a post. :) Glad things are going so well for all of you.
ReplyDeleteYour year seems to be going so well, and I'm so glad you posted about it. You always are encouraging in what you write, so don't worry about the pictures. I do love that one of your reading corner, though! So pretty and cozy.
ReplyDeleteOh what a lovely little library spot. I'd hibernate there all winter if I could. ;)
ReplyDeleteYes, the everyday aspect of school is very tedious. And I don't know about your oldest, but Joe is bringing home 2-3 hours of homework each night, and he gets stuck a lot, so it still feels like I'm homeschooling him. But we are not fighting as much, and the girls appreciate me having more time to work with them - so it's worth it for now.