We are off to a good start to our school year. We just finished our second week. We are really enjoying all the books, but it is a challenge to get everything done, so I think we are still adjusting. We also added karate back into our weekly schedule.
This week we even managed to get the house tidy,in addition to lessons. I am working on finding the best time to get groceries. It's a big job, going to more than one store, so it needs a time slot during a day that isn't already busy. Things one must juggle when home educating your children.
Here are a few pictures from our week.
I took Ryan to look at a used guitar that would be used to play in jazz band at school. He thinks he might like one for Christmas. :)
Ryan helped Grace with her math homework. She says he explains it better than me.
Trevor had to go to the doctor because he had an infected ingrown toenail. Learned that he is now 6 feet tall! No wonder I am feeling so short these days.
Blue Bell ice cream was on sale. I refuse to buy it full price, so this made my family very happy.
Finally, we found a used bike for Trevor. He was using a spare bike and it was way too small. We had found a new bike for lots of money in his size, but didn't feel comfortable spending several hundred dollars on one, so we were very thankful to find this older, used bike for a decent price.
Thanks for stopping by!
Jenn
Ouch on that poor toe :( Praying your tall son heals soon.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a wonderful start to your school year. It is always an adjustment and I'm so glad that we started with just the 3R's our first week, since it ended with myself and 2 daughters being hit with food poisoning ...so not fun.
I've never had Blue Bell ice cream -- not sure that I have ever even seen it before. Hmm...I guess I need to look for it since you now have me intrigued...hehe!
That toe!
ReplyDeleteAnd...I stock up on ice cream when it goes on sale too!
Hi Jenn, glad your school year is off to a good start. We start Monday and I'm wondering how we'll get everything in that needs to be done as you said above (school and household things). I hope your son's toe is better soon. Looks like it would be very painful. Take care, Heather
ReplyDeleteOuch! That toe looks painful. Hubby had one a few years ago and said the shots to numb his toe were horrible. I hope that it is getting better.
ReplyDeleteI try to buy things and stock up when they are one sale. Paying full price for ice cream is a sure budget breaker.
Looks like a great week. So glad it's all going well.
ReplyDeleteYour oldest reminds me of my second son. He started with an aqustic quitar...one by one he now has quite a collection. He plays them all. A worthy investment. Love the bike. Finding a good fit for a tall kid is hard. Wow he has grown! We do not buy ice cream at full price either. I got to sample that brand when I was in MN last week. Very good!
ReplyDeleteThat toe made my toe cringe, OUCH!!
ReplyDeleteMy kids sometimes learn better from each other, too. I'm so thankful that I have lots of back up teachers when I can't present something clearly.
ReplyDeleteThat toe looks SORE! I hope it is well now.
I hope all is well at your house! We've survived 4 stitches since then and other things as well that I can't write about. God is good. Have a blessed weekend!
ReplyDeleteMissing your posts and hope all is well. Just had you on my heart and wanted you to know :)
ReplyDelete