Some of the highlights of this week include:
- Surviving the 27 tornadoes that swept through Sunday afternoon. Thankfully, they were only destructive to property and no lives were lost here, but we weep with those in IL and MI who were not as fortunate.
- We had two quiet days at home, Monday and Tuesday. I love quiet days! We got the laundry caught up. We worked hard on our lessons. We hung pictures on the walls. I started working on a pile of stuff in our room that doesn't seem to have a place yet. If only it would just disappear!
- Wednesday, the kids and I went to AWANA. The older two and I went with the teen group to a nursing home near our church. We sang hymns, gave the Gospel message, and mingled. I was very proud of the teens. They interacted with the residents for half an hour. We have some good kids there. I enjoyed talking to the residents, too. Made me miss Grandpa talking to other WWII vets.
- Thursday was a normal school day with a trip to church in the evening for karate. Karate starts later, so the kids and I are joined by Dad. He and I have a little time to chat over an iced tea while the kids do their thing. It's nice.
- Friday, that's today, I will drive Trevor an hour each way to a friend's house for a birthday sleepover, then the rest of us will enjoy a quiet evening.
All in all, I am enjoying our new routine. I am not one who likes to drive, so I am having to overcome that one minor issue. I thank the Lord we have a good van, enough money for gas, good roads, and a wonderful church/friends to go to.
This weekend we hope to get the pop-up to its new home. We found an affordable RV parking lot near here. That is the final piece of this moving puzzle. Getting it to its spot might be a challenge with the weather, so it might be another week. Thankfully, it is in a friend's driveway at the moment and they are not in a hurry for us to get it moved.
Here are some pictures I took this week:
![]() |
| I think the office is finished. |
![]() |
| Pictures hung, new coffee table. |
![]() |
| Grace's artwork in the kitchen. |
![]() |
| Powder Room collage. |
![]() |
| Picture hung in the Sitting Room with "new" ottoman. |
Have an excellent week!
~Jenn





Sounds like a good week, glad you feel better.
ReplyDeleteDriving is not my favorite thing either.
Can I be jealous of how nice your house looks?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week. Your house is so lovely. Love all the pictures.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a busy but fruitful week. Your home looks very welcoming. Hope you have a nice weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Heather
ReplyDeleteI love your rooms! Beautiful. ( special that artwork with the music- instrument). Tornado's, o no ...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I hope that you found some enjoyment in the drive. I actually like to plan for long drives, but rarely get to anymore because of money with the price of gas.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for all those affected the devastating weather across the world.
~WhisperedAbundance
I do enjoy parts of the drive now. My 15 y.o. son chose to go with me, which was so nice, as the trip home tutned out to take an hour and fifty minutes! It only took forty on the way there. Traffic was horrible, but we chatted all the way and it was not bad.
DeleteWhat a lovely home you have now! And Grace is so talented! I'm glad you're almost settled in.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy Thanksgiving!
Your new home is so beautiful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteMichelle