Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving brought us some ups and downs, a mixed bag of blessings and hard times.  The actual day of Thanksgiving was a blessing.  We went to my mom's and spent a grand day with our extended family, of course eating way too much.  We played games, watched old slides, and just enjoyed the day.





Friday, Mom and I went out to see Grandma.  She was sleepy, but woke up and gave us her famous smile that says it all.  While I was away, Jeff and the kids were busy decorating the house for Christmas.  It was great to come home to it all done.



Saturday, we got the call the Grandma was declining quickly.  We had already promised the kids to go pick out their Christmas presents at a guitar store out near Grandma, so we went there first, and then to see Grandma.  She was resting comfortably.  Hospice is doing a great job.  We spent a couple hours there talking to family, leaving with heavy hearts.

And this morning, Trevor is sick, so I am staying home with him while the others go to church.  I hope to go to the nursing home when they get back.  I will be able to watch the church service live from my couch, so at least I have that option.

I hope you've had a great Thanksgiving.
~Jenn

13 comments:

  1. Hey, our church is on tv too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes having a sick kid not so bad. Although, the sick kid can be distracting during the service, though!

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm sorry that your Grandma is declining...it's always so hard to see our loved ones not doing well. I hope Trevor gets well very quickly!

    Many blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you dear friend as you go through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. Sorry about your Grandma. Continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((hugs))) I'm sorry to read of your Grandmother's health. I know that you treasure all the special moments you've shared and will continue to hold close to your heart.

    Your Thanksgiving looked lovely. I had some cluster migraines and we ate Kraft Mac & Cheese and I'm so very grateful for our day and age where there is a box to feed my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Thanksgiving was wonderful. I love all those pies. And it's so nice that the Christmas decorations are up.

    But it's so sad about your Grandma. You have been so blessed to be able to spend so much time with her, and that your children could too, but in a way I'm sure that makes it even harder.

    ((hugs)) May the Lord bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I love to see the photo's and I see love and hope! How's Trevor now? Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all. Trevor is feeling better. Grandma passed away this past Wednesday. The funeral is tomorrow. We are rejoicing for her being with Jesus, but will miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pies look yummy! I'm so glad you were able to have a good Thanksgiving and got to see Gma and her smile yet on Friday. Thinks certainly went quickly thereafter, I'm so sorry Jenn for your loss. ((BIG HUGS)) May our LORD keep you in His tender care on this hard day (and always). ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jenn,
    I'm so sorry for your loss!

    Knowing that she is with Jesus is good, but it doesn't make it less lonely back here on earth, does it? I pray God will bless you with peace and comfort amidst your tears and give you all you need to comfort your family as well.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails