Wednesday, September 11, 2013

This Week At Home, 2013, No. 35

I know I am off track on my numbering and posting, but I figured I'd better just jump in when I get a moment and today was that day!

Summer is trying its best to make its mark.  Lately, we have had record heat in the upper 90's!  That is just too hot for September.  This too shall pass.  I want to go to apple orchards, play disc golf, and once again ride in my un-airconditioned van without passing out!

We continue to wait on the home buying.  We do have reassurance that the people who want this house still want this house and are just waiting like us to get released from their current home.  It is a great opportunity to build up my patience muscles.  We continue to show the house, just in case, so keeping the house tidy is top priority.

Lessons are going well.  We have managed to do work each day.  We are even excelling, I would say.  I was proud of the youngest two, who have been doing a good job with their individual studies.  I am working on training them to be more independent, like their big brother.

The cats have been working on a peace treaty.  Dorothy has not granted Giles a full pardon for invading her space, but he can at least be in her presence for short periods of time if supervised.  She forgets her manners unless reminded.  I am very happy to have reached this stage.  I see progress!

Jeff loves his new job.  The hour and twenty minute commute in the hot van is worth it, says he.   I am very thankful for this, as I personally would have a problem with such a commute!

That about wraps up the status of my life, lessons, cleaning, keeping cool, and waiting.

Here are some pictures I took on my phone this week:

My big baby loves his momma time!  







Happy birthday, Mom! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going swimmingly there. Wow, 1 hr. 20 minute commute does seem like a bit. I did find my dream home last week would increase my Jeff's compute to about that long, but of course, that's a NO. I figure if God wants me to move, He will have something even better someday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails