Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Been in a Whirlwind!

The past month has been quite busy around here, and then last week, we enjoyed having our daddy home for 10 days before he started his new job today.

As for our moving, we are getting closer to that goal.  We have a family who wants to rent this house.  Our landlord has approved them.  We are just waiting for a bank approval of the sale of their home.  As soon as that comes, we will put an offer on a house.  There are several that we like and that would work for us.  We are leaving that detail up to God.  Whichever house is still available after we get released from our lease, that will be the one for us.

We started school 2 weeks ago, as well.  We have done a decent job at keeping on task, despite all the distractions.  We are studying American History this year.  So far it feels very familiar since we studied world history, which includes a lot of American History, for the last 2 years.  For science, along with Apologia's Exploring Creation with General Science, we signed up for a free online co-op, which I am really impressed with.  Virtualhomeschoolgroup.com offers several at your own pace classes.

Between keeping the house show ready, looking for houses 45 minutes away, and keeping our lessons going, I have been kept away from this poor blog way too long.  I did manage to take some pictures along the way.  Here they are for your viewing pleasure.  (Ha!)








9 comments:

  1. Busy times for your crew, looking forward to seeing your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to this being all done and knowing which house God picked. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are busy with all the activity. We had all that earlier this spring and I'm glad it is behind us. I'm sure God has the perfect house all picked out for your family. We just started our second week of school this week and are still adjusting to our back to school routine. Wishing you blessings for the remainder of your week. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogland Jenn! Rejoicing with you about how well things are coming together with the housing situation. That top picture looks nice -- is that a top contender? Somehow I was expecting you guys going into a lovely old farmhouse on a little land. :) The kitties always look lovely. Good job at school too. We start tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. It is nice to be back! Yes, my dream is to have an old farmhouse on a little land, but there is nothing livable in our price range, so we are going to end up in a neighborhood on .25 of an acre. Have a great first day of school. :-)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to Jeff on his new job! So it's 45 minutes away? That means a completely new environment for you all. Very exciting!

    And congratulations to you on keeping the schoolwork going despite all the excitement! We're doing Canadian History this year, so we'll be enjoying a bit of American History on the side. I'm looking forward to what you are doing--sure to be inspired! :) Are you using Sonlight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, his new job is an hour and fifteen minutes away in good traffic. When we move it will be around forty minutes. The location is good because we can still get to family under an hour, plus it is an affordable place to live as well. Yes, we are doing Sonlight with some tweaks. The History of Us books are not really what we call grade level, so we are beefing that up. I hope we can keep up this pace until we actually move. :0

      Delete
  5. Hi, Jenn!

    Have missed my bloggy friends this summer--just too much to do getting ready to move. You understand! I trust the Lord will give you the perfect home on all counts. No, we've not moved yet, but we have an offer on the house, so if it goes through, we'll be headed south in a month. Whew! Good to keep up with your doings on the blog--keep us posted.

    Blessings and grace to you ~
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails