Dorothy asleep is an angel.
Let's begin with Sunday, July 13th...
After church, Trevor rode up all the way to Appleton, Wisconsin with his grandparents. It was his turn to accompany them on a business trip. Yay for Trevor, boo for us. The house is always so quiet when he is away. I enjoyed texting with he and Mom occasionally to get reports of their progress. The rest of this day was a blur. I did not take good notes, obviously! VBS recovery was still necessary.
Trevor enjoying the hotel pool.
Monday, July 14th...
Grandma came down to visit. She took us to a noodle restaurant. Then we took her to the library's DIY time for teens. Ryan and Grace enjoyed making "Shrinky Dink" tangrams. Then we went to a candy store. Grace had earned a free slushy for the library reading program. On the way home, we stopped to buy sweet corn and cherries. How I love the produce this time of the year. It was a hot day, the beginning of a heat wave. We closed our windows and turned on the A/C. It helps with the humidity, but doesn't do the greatest job cooling 2 of the 3 levels of this house. We grilled hamburgers for dinner.
My precious boy, always wonderful!
Tuesday, July 15th...
Grandma left early so she could go golfing. Today was the first official day we were over 90 degrees. It is so muggy. We did not do too much today, other than the usual stuff that needs to get done. I spent a lot of time catching up the laundry. In the evening, I went to my bunco group and Trevor came home. Hooray! He had a really great time.
Our herb garden, a hot mess!
Wednesday, July 16th...
Heatwave continued. We wanted to go swimming, but those plans did not work out. And, Trevor was tired from his travels, so a quiet day at home was in order. Grace finished the library's voracious reader program, 5000 pages! I spent some time working on our homeschool plans for the fall. I also cleaned out the dresser in the learning room. All the school supplies are in good order.
Mr. Cool
Thursday, July 17th...
Still hot. The weather people are promising us a cool down is coming. Rain is also supposed to be on its way. Today we started dog sitting for our neighbor. Princess, is a sweet dog. I feel sorry for her, because she likes to be with people and will be lonely for the next 5 days. I would have Princess here at the house, but DOROTHY hates, hates, hates dogs. She is a nutty nut. Sigh. Grace and I baked homemade cupcakes for her slumber party tomorrow. Jeff and I went grocery shopping in the evening.
Dorothy awake is a handful!
Friday, July 18th...Today is all about getting ready for Grace's slumber party tonight. 4 girls will be joining us for food, fun, and not a lot of sleeping. Grace's actual birthday is Sunday. We will be having a family party for her then. I cannot believe she is 14. Trevor finished his summer reading program today.
So there is a quick look at our week. Thanks for reading.
~Jenn





With all the texts & cell phones, life sure is a little easier on us mothers,huh? Glad Trevor had a good time. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grace! I hope she has a really fun night tonight and family time too.
ReplyDeleteOur ole A/C isn't great either, but better than nothing. It gets our main floor 10° cooler than outside, but I'm happy to report that I'm sending you some cool air...it's on it's way a nyways. It's 10° cooler her today and tomorrow's high is only expected around 76°. I wish we would get more rain though. It did rain last night, for a whole 5 seconds - it didn't even get all of the deck wet. (sigh).
Have a great weekend partying my friend!
Thank you, Jane! And, yes, I want rain right now, too. Anything to break this heat. Our a/c does the same, 10 degrees helps. I use fans, too.
DeleteThat is one sleepy kitty!
ReplyDeleteCats seem to have perfected the nap, for sure!
DeleteSounds like a great week. I hope Grace has a great slumber party. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, JoAnn. We are enjoying the evening.:)
DeleteMud facials in the dark sound like a good idea!
ReplyDeleteWe finally cooled down and got rain, we needed rain badly so I shall not complain even when chilled.