Friday, July 26, 2013

This Week At Home,2013, No. 31

Little notes written in order to remember each precious one with pictures from the birthday parties...


Monday, the 22nd...

Today was the last day in the 90's for awhile.  We found ourselves quite exhausted from our busy birthday weekend.  This was our last day of watching our neighbor dog, too.  She misses her people.  Trevor and I took her on a walk.  Otherwise today was typical, except for one thing, that being Jeff was offered a job an hour and fifteen minutes south of here.  He had already turned them down, but on Friday they asked him what would it take to get him.  Well, today he told them.

Tuesday, the 23rd...

What a day.  I took Ryan across town to his great grandparents' home so that he could help them back up their computer.  I then went back across town to meet a sweet friend for coffee.  We chatted for 2 hours, then I went back to pick up Ryan.  During this time, I get a text from Jeff saying the latest job offer was too good to pass up.  All sorts of emotions flooded my mind.  Was I prepared to move?   I picked up Ryan and then we went to a music store so he could try out electric guitars.  (He is saving for one.)  I was impressed with his knowledge of all the different types.  He tried several, even one that was $1000!  Thankfully, he knows that is a little out of his price range if he wants it by Christmas.  After the music store, we stoppedat Chick fil A, turning this into a nice mother/son date.  A quick stop at the pet store for food and then home.  Whew! Things are happening a little too fast for my liking.  I didn't sleep too well tonight.

Wednesday, the 24th...

Jeff accepts the job in Columbus, IN and gives his notice.  He also informs our landlord, not asking for an early out, but just letting him know. Our landlord comes back with surprising news, we can go when this house is leased again.  That is great news, but I was really thinking we'd stay through the school year.  Trying not to panic, we decide that actually we don't have to move all the way to Columbus, but we could move half way to Greenwood, IN, another very nice city.  Greenwood would allow us to commute to church in 30 minutes and he would have about a 40 minute commute to Columbus, plus houses are affordable in Greenwood.  So, we decided to go check out a park in Greenwood that has a disc golf course.  We also stopped at a music store so that Ryan could show Jeff his guitar ideas.  The park was fantastic, too.  On the way home, we drove around the area and liked what we saw.

Thursday, the 25th...

By the way, the weather has cooled off, making life a lot more pleasant. But, my head is spinning and I am trying not to freak out.  Moving is such an ordeal.  Not knowing when or where is trying on my nerves.  Today, Grace and I went to Target and then we went to Costco and Trader Joe in the evening.  Not too much to report on this day.

Friday, the 26th...

Boy, this cool air is really making the nights easier to sleep!  Today we will make a short trip to the library so that Trevor can collect his library reading program prizes.  And after that I will work in the garage for awhile, purging.  Otherwise it will be a quiet day, I hope!  It is tempting to want to go play disc golf tonight, if the forecasted rain holds off.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Jenn


6 comments:

  1. My heart just fluttered reading all this news, and I absolutely love the first photo of Grace, PURPLE LOOKS GREAT ON HER!!. I am excited for you guys in this new adventure.. many prayers sent your way friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fun food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Grace!! A move, praying for a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grace again. Looks like a very special celebration(s).The fruit & cake/cupcakes look wonderful! Yes, purple does look good on her, I wonder if she is a winter? What an exciting time for you all. I hope the landlord can find another tenant quickly, if not, when is your lease up??? Wishing you all the best! Have a wonderful mini-vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good week overall. I love the birthday photos, such yummy snacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Congratulations on your husbands new job and Happy birthday to your daughter. I've moved my blog. I hope you'll stop by and say hi. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails