Little notes written in order to remember each precious day... with more pictures from last week's camping.
Monday, July 1st...
Thankfully, we were not feeling very tired from our weekend. We must have found the right balance between work and rest. As usual, the camp laundry is piled high. We can't hang out blankets, which is a shame. The weather is going to be stormy this week and a bit cooler.
Tuesday, July 2nd...
It is a cool, cloudy day. We were to have cousins over for dinner,so we went to the store to pick up a few essentials and worked on the house. Then we got the call that they could not join us after all. Bummer. So, we ate the peach ice cream. It rained all evening.
Wednesday, July 3rd...
Fog this morning,which seems strange. Today our task is to prepare for our family cook out tomorrow. It's been a nice week so far, weather wise, if you like cooler, wetter weather, and I do. The windows have been open, too.
Thursday, July 4th...
Happy Independence Day! Jeff is off today and we have family coming for a cook out. Jeff is a great grill master. We will have chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs and sides. Mom made us a fantastic pound cake with strawberries and cream on top. Divine. We played Pit. Have you ever played that game? It is a riot when you have 7 people all talking at once. After dark, we watched some local fireworks. I missed being up at the lake, though. There is nothing like watching fireworks shot off a big barge. The local ones are just ho-hum. Next year, Lord willing, we will be back at the lake since the 4th is on a Friday. Hooray!
Friday, July 5th...
A bit of a let down day, but that is OK. Jeff was planning to have today off, but really there was too much to do at the office. That is a good thing, really. We are thankful for his job. The kids and I will have a quiet day at home. Tonight we will have yummy left overs. I will keep up with the laundry and dishes.
Weekending...
Saturday, Jeff and Grace are going to work on a project together, making a new tree swing. She really enjoys her tree swing and the old one broke, twice. Sunday is prep for VBS day. I will be working in the 6th grade along side Ryan, his first year working. Grace is working in the 3 year old room. Trevor will be our only attender. Sigh. We are old!
Happy weekend to you all and thank you again for stopping by.
~Jenn




Amazing shots!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Just think what I could do with a real camera!
DeleteSounds like a great week. Paul had to work today too, but we were so blessed he had the 4th off. This is my first year of not working VBS, which I'm happy about. My time is done. But the kids are looking forward to helping in a couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking this might be my last VBS!
DeleteSuch pretty scenery, I could see having a house right next to the river (except when the river is high). I'm not much of a game player, but our girls like Pit. I think you were looking for other suggestions of games recently -- the girls also recommend Dutch Blitz, Monopoly Deal (a card game), Uno, and Spot It!
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best with VBS! Our VBS is not this week, but the next (15th-19th). The girls will be helpers as usual. Since our church is so tiny, we have some from Teens for Christ come and run it, so one of the highlights of the girls' summer is helping out, seeing old friends from TFC (from Bible Quizzing days), and joining in on all the zanny games with the TFCers in the evenings.
Enjoy your weekend, what's left of it that is. Sorry my first comment didn't take, I'm sure I said something really profound. :)
I am a little behind in blog reading. Love the pics!
ReplyDelete