Monday, July 1, 2013

Busy At Home, 2013, No. 27

Little notes written in order to remember each precious day... with pictures from our most recent camping trip.

Monday, June 24th...

Summer is certainly showing itself!  It was 73 degrees for our low, which means it is muggy and uncomfortable.  Grandma comes down today.  We are going to pick up our ceramics and have lunch with Daddy.  Lovely day!

Tuesday, June 25th...

Today is our quiet day at home.  Need to get laundry caught up.  Jeff and Ryan went to play disc golf after dinner.  I wish I liked hot muggy weather.

Wednesday, June 26th...

Rained over night.  We were going to try to swim this morning, but it was too cold!  Ha.  It's been so warm and now it is cloudy and too cool to swim.  That's OK.  We worked on planning our camp menu and getting ready to camp, plus lots of reading time.  Jeff and I went grocery shopping after dinner.

Thursday, June 27th...

Mom and I went to visit Grandma.  It was a lovely visit.  She was all smiles and is eating well, so wonderful to see.  Mom spoiled me with lunch at Panera and a cold coffee drink from Starbuck's.  That evening, after dinner, we packed the camper.

Friday, June 28th...

Lots to do before we take off this evening.  First, as always happens, a book I wanted became available and so we had to go to the library.  We also met Mom at a new healthy grocery store that opened by the library. We then went to get the cats their wet food before lunch with Daddy back at home.  He went back to work and we spent the afternoon packing the van and making the house ready.  Ryan went to stay the weekend with grandparents.  Jeff got home and we hooked up the camper and away we went.  It only took one hour to get to the park, too.  Setting up went well.  The park is full, but with mostly families, so the atmosphere was friendly.  You never know, going to a new park. Of course it rained in the evening, so we played Uno in the camper until time for bed.

Saturday, June 29th...

Swimming in the rain can be fun?  Well, it can.  It rained off and on all day, but we didn't let that spoil our fun.  We went swimming, grilled out dinner, and enjoyed more Uno games than I can count.


Sunday, June 30th...

Took a quick drive to see Cataract Falls and then it was time to head back home.

That wraps up another week here at home.  Thank you for reading.
~Jenn

10 comments:

  1. Love your campsite! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are definatly welcoming summer this year, even if the weather is not all that great... Its wet and rainy here and muggy on some days..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had some cooler weather and rain. We so need rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for camping. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time despite the rain. Keep on enjoying these precious times with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish we were at the campsite right next to you! That would have been fun! So Ryan didn't go??? I suppose computer geeks aren't so much into camping. Very pretty scenery. I love the covered bridge! Are you going camping for the 4th too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ryan is too geeky to camp. Sigh. And, no, not camping over the 4th. Holiday weekends are so busy at the parks. We may go swimming, depends on the weather.m

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great time, and I love the photos, so pretty. Glad you could get away for the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jenn, do you ever do geocaching with your family? With all your camping, I think you'd enjoy doing this as well. Our family really enjoyed it when we were in the lower 48 - we found lots of new places to explore that way, and the kids were motivated to get out and do it with us because they could get a treasure in the process. My oldest two aren't into our outdoor trips as much anymore, but we make them come anyway... Ciara brought a book to read at our last tidepool excursion :(. It was the first of the year. I'm glad she didn't complain though...

    www.geocaching.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. Yes, we have tried geocaching with friends. If we did not have grandparents near who want Ryan to stay with them, then we certainly would make him come along. We are fortunate in that regard. :)

      Delete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails