Little notes written in order to remember each precious day...
Monday the 17th...
It's been a muggy day at home. I have decided to try really hard not to turn on the ineffective air conditioning. I revisited this post and am going to work on keeping the house cooler, naturally.
All of our plants are so pretty right now. Everything is green and lush. I love this time of the year before the hot and dry weather comes to stay.
Tuesday the 18th...
Trevor and I woke up with sore throats. Jeff had this rotten cold last week. We spent most of the day resting. Summer colds are discouraging. But, it has been 6 months since any of us has been sick, so I say it was a good run!
Wednesday the 19th...
Went to the pool with Mom for a little while. Trevor seems worse, but he still wanted to go. I so enjoyed being outside. It was good to be with Mom, and Mom's pool is guarded, so I feel a little more at ease letting the kids out of my sight a few moments here and there.
Thursday the 20th...
I feel worse today, but it is not keeping me totally down and out. Trevor spent most of his day on the couch. Jeff and I went grocery shopping after dinner. I enjoy our time together no matter what we do. Ryan went to spend the night with Nana.
Friday the 21st...
Happy first day of summer! It's going to be another hot day. So far I have managed to keep the house at least 10 degrees cooler than the outside temperature without air conditioning. Night time is the only hard time. The upstairs gets hot, but fans help. It is still better than the stale air blowing around.
Tonight we host our small group. Thankfully, I am feeling lots better. Trevor is a little better,too.
It's been a quiet week here at home. I like quiet weeks. This weekend will be quiet, as well. (Sigh of contentment!)
~Jenn
Update: In full disclosure, I just turned on the air! With friends coming over tonight, I need to get the house clean, and it is miserable to clean in the high humidity. It will be back off tonight. :)




Pretty flowers...and kitties! I'm sorry that your family has been sick, but glad things are looking up and you can have a restful weekend. Now it's Grace & Ryan's turn to get sick, right? Hope not. What do the kiddos do during small group? Are there many other kids that come? Take care dear!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jane. I sure hope R & G avoid this cold. I am much improved today. We have 9 kids aged 4 to 15 in our group. They all get along well. Usually they play outdoor games or board games. The older girls watch over the 4 year old. We are blessed to be all homeschoolers, too.
DeleteOh, that is neat that you all are homeschoolers and that there are playmates for the evening. How fun!
DeleteLove the flowers, we are just getting into bloom here, everything is so colorful. We have had 85°+ temperatures for two weeks. Today is cloudy and breezy and feels so wonderful to have a cool breeze blow in. Happy first day of summer.
ReplyDeleteSore throats...yuck!
ReplyDeleteI love your little snippets of the week and your photo story to go with them. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for yoir kind words!
DeleteGlad you are all feeling better. I remember those humid days, I don't miss them in the least. I love going shopping with Paul, like you, we have fun no matter what we do together. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you're feeling better! We're still dealing with that cold, but we're all able to function.
ReplyDeleteWe will turn on the air at 1PM. My dear husband cannot stand the heat and humidity, so here we go. Sigh! I'll spend the day outside where it's warm, and in the pool.
A pool is an excellent way to cope!
DeleteI hope you're feeling better soon. Sorry it's so warm. How do you keep your house cool naturally? We had a heat pump in one house we lived in, so I would do more laundry on days that were hotter to keep the house cooler :). We have no A/C in Alaska, although I saw one in a garage sale this weekend! I'm surprised it didn't get snatched up. It has been up to 104 in some parts of the state. The ocean keeps it more moderate for us here. I think our highest was 80 or so. I like an occasional hot day. The mosquitos are miserable right now though :(.
ReplyDeleteAs for Pumpkin, she's doing well. I should update her blog one of these days. She's at a camp right now specially for kids with inflammatory bowel disease. I hope she is enjoying herself!
I hate mosquitos, too. I would love your sunmers, but probably am too much a baby to take the winters. Glad Pumpkin is doing well. The post I linked about living without AC does a great job explaining what I am trying to do.
DeleteThank you, all. I am feeling almost 100%. Just have annoying cough at night. Trevor seemed lots better too! No one else is sick so far. PTL.
ReplyDelete