Saturday, March 16, 2013

This Week At Home, 2013, Week 11

Little notes written in order to remember each precious day!


Monday the 11th...

After another quick, one day time changing weekend, we relish a quiet Monday at home.  The kids and I got a leisurely start, too.  I let them sleep in since the time change doesn't have to affect our start time, if we don't want it too.  :) My main goals today were to get lessons done and laundry caught up.  A sweet friend mentioned seeing Siamese cats at the Humane Society, so after some prayer and discussion with Jeff, I decide it would not be any harm to go see them tomorrow.

Tuesday the 12th...

What a delightful day! First, we went over to our dear grandparent's home so that the computer guru could work his magic.  They generously invited us to Panera for lunch.  Wow!  I had the best salad ever.  I always enjoy their salads, but this one was fantastic.  I could have licked the bowl.  :) Afterwards, the kids and I headed up to the shelter to see cats.  As I was filling out the "I want to see cats" form, I kept thinking I was crazy to be there.  It was so loud with dogs barking and the dog smell was overwhelming.  (I am allergic to dogs.)  We found our cat which can be read about here

Wednesday the 13th...

Woke up to 27 degrees and some light snow on the ground.  So much for my proclamation that snow was done for the year.  At least this all melted as soon as it warmed up to the 40's today.  Giles had a good night.  Dorothy doesn't seem upset yet, or she is just ignoring him.  Lots to do today:  art, lessons, chores, a long afternoon visit with friends and church.

Thursday the 14th...

Another busy day!  Grace and I met with a dear friend for coffee and then we all went to Trader Joe's.  We worked on chores and dinner was a big pot of chili.  The kids did their independent lesson work only today.  It was just too busy to do more.  I also had to take Giles to the vet because he has an ear and eye infection. That visit went well.  He is pronounced generally healthy.  We had to rush back home, eat, and then dash to karate.

Friday the 15th...

I think the time change is messing with my sleep.  I keep waking up in the middle of the night, and I was wide awake at 5 AM today.  It's another busy day.  We HAVE to catch up lessons. Laundry is piled up again.  The house is a mess.  And, we host small group tonight.  Plus, I must go to Costco as we are nearly out of coffee.  That would be bad.  Trevor goes to grandparent's house for the night.  Grace is off to a slumber party. 

Saturday the 16th...

Jeff is working today.  I drove across town to pick up Grace from the slumber party.  Then I wrote myself a long list of things to do to keep me busy today. I do plan to have a little down time this afternoon, as I am lacking in that area right now.  I think we have had a great week, although on the busier side.  Tomorrow is unfortunately busy after church with choir for Trevor, a meeting for parents, and a business meeting after the prayer meeting.  Yawn!  I don't know when my poor husband will rest and recharge for another 6 day work week.

Have a great weekend!
~Jenn

7 comments:

  1. Good thing tax season is nearing its end.
    May Giles be the lap cat family addition glad he is healthy besides his immediate ear and eye issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you sound wayyy to busy...you need a cat nap. :) So, now I'm curious, what was the yummy salad. I may have to try it the next time I'm there. Have a great weekend my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So which salad did you have!? They are good!
    Glad Giles is doing so well. Its awesome how you found him so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the thai chopped chicken! I also love their asian salad.

      Delete
  4. Panera...how I miss thee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the photos of your kitties, Jen, and your beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week overall. I hope you got to rest a bit this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails