Tuesday, March 19, 2013

One Quick Week Later

Today marks the one week anniversary of adopting Giles.  And he remains the amazing cat we hoped him to be.  So far, Dorothy is doing pretty well.  She will hiss at him, but also shares space with him without any anxiety.  Their introduction to one another got rushed.  Mainly because Giles was ready to be out of his safe room.  Sunday morning, he dashed out and into the path of Dorothy.  We then began supervised time. Like I said, they do pretty well together.   We still separate them at night and if we have to leave.  I think that will be the way it is for awhile.  He seems to take a long afternoon nap, so that gives both cats some time away from each other.  We are paying a lot of attention to Dorothy.  She loves to play, so that is our main vehicle of attention.  I do hope Dorothy warms up to the idea sooner than later.  He isn't going anywhere!






6 comments:

  1. So glad you love your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they are doing good. It's hard to believe it's been a week already. DD is probably wondering why she didn't notice him earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn he is a beauty! If they are hanging out that close with no conflict they will be fine and soon be friends. It takes more time for females to accept a newby. ( they are the bossy ones!)
    Love your furniture! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I'm sure they will get used to each other eventually. I had one cat that would 'hit' me, hiding under a chair, when I walked by because she was mad I brought another cat in the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen,
    Giles is so handsome. He reminds me of our cat, Kim. And it's wonderful that Giles and Dorothy are getting along. We had to give Jack away; Kim simply would not tolerate him. And I got tired of having to break up fights between them.
    hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a very pretty kitty. I'm sure they will get more at ease with each other quickly. Hopefully Dorothy will enjoy his company.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails