| Look at my baby's toes. |
Monday the 18th...
As usual on a Monday, I let the kids sleep in a little. Lessons go well. I attack the laundry piles in the afternoon. This is the only quiet evening until Friday, so we try to make the most of it. I love quiet!
Tuesday the 19th...
Lessons as usual. After lunch, Grace and I went to Petco. Back at home, I have a long list of things to work on. Tonight is my monthly bunco group. I enjoyed being with my friends.
| Photo bomb revenge. I'm posting them. Ha! |
Wednesday the 20th...
Lessons in the morning, lunch, then art class. Wednesday afternoons before dinner are usually spent kind of quietly so we can all be ready for church in the evening. I roasted two big chickens for dinner. One half of one for tonight and the rest of the chicken for the rest of the week's meals. AWANA went pretty well tonight. We are down 2 or 3 leaders every week it seems, so we usually end up combining tables. It's hard on the girls not having consistent leaders. And now our secretary has brain cancer. It's been a tough year.
| Sweet girl is still my girl. |
Thursday the 21st...
This is our day to get groceries. Grace and I have discovered that going early, before lessons, we can get in and out quicker at Trader Joe's, our favorite store. The lessons got done after lunch. For dinner, I made a homemade cream of chicken soup to use in a chicken and rice casserole, comfort food for a cold day. After dinner, I took the kids to karate. Jeff came home a little earlier after a client appointment. So he and I were able to go to Costco and Petco before picking up the kids. Grace has decided that she is going to harness train Dorothy, so we wanted to get right on that and get a harness. Dorothy didn't think the harness was for her, but we will keep trying!
| Grace painted this for me! |
Friday the 22nd...
A lovely day at home! After lessons were finished for the week, we worked on blessing our home. We also decided to make a nice big dinner to celebrate Jeff's being able to come home and eat dinner with us, the first time this week. We're having homemade meatballs and spaghetti, salad, and homemade bread sticks.
Tomorrow, we are going to finish up Grace's apron, bake bread, and the boys are going to a computer super store with Granddaddy!
Have a great weekend. They are calling for a winter storm here Sunday. Boo!
~Jenn
That painting needs a frame!
ReplyDeleteThe painting is amazing. I love the colors in it and it is so lovely to look at. She is very very talented. Needs a nice frame!
ReplyDeleteAwanas is hard enough with enough staff. Praying for your program and for folks with a desire to teach to step up.
Dorthy will get use to her harness. However cats do not walk like dogs! You follow them!
Oh stop Jenn, you are making me hungry! Yumm! Grace's picture turned out nice, I like the pop of color! DD is still a pretty girl and looks well adjusted with the newcomer - and of course, Giles doesn't look too stressed. :) How's the snowstorm doing?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great week, and that painting is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLove the painting, she is such a fantastic artist!
ReplyDeleteSnow? Oh no. We dropped 30° overnight but thankfully the sun warmed things up a bit today.
Good luck on the harness training!!! lol!!! :) Grace's painting is so beautiful! I hope you have an awesome week.
ReplyDeleteLynn