Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Meet Lord Giles Purrbiscuits the First
Yep, my wait for a kitty is over. But, we didn't find him where we were planning to adopt from. A friend of mine suggested we look at our county's shelter. She had seen "fancy" cats on their Facebook page.
I saw a couple that seemed interesting. Jeff and my mom said to go look. I wondered if I was being too impatient. But the idea of a bird in the hand being worth uncounted ones in the bush, was too inticing. Plus, I would still be rescuing a beloved Siamese. And, this shelter is priced right! They also include a vet visit, already microchipped, and a month of free pet health insurance. And one more thing, I'd be helping a local shelter.
So, yesterday we went to see their Meezers, all males. Quickly we eleminated the Seal Point who was bonded to a 12 year old black cat. They were a package. One cutie Snowshoe had just come from his surgery, so was not available. Another was FIV +. Another was a sweet guy, but had lots of baggage. That left Peter Pan, an 8 year old stray Blue Point.
They let us take him into a room and within minutes I knew we had found our love bug. He was friendly, loved being petted, and briefly sat in my lap. All the while he purred. What a delight! He was a little older than I was looking for, mostly for Dorothy's sake. I wanted a match in energy. But really, I love mature cats who want lots of affection, so that quickly did not matter.
I did feel bad about having gone to the trouble of getting approved by the other rescue. I learned so much from that process. I talked to some great fosters. The work they do is so valuable. But the end goal was met, just not how I thought.
Peter Pan didn't know that name, so we quickly changed it to Ryan's favorite,Giles. When we got him home into his isolation room, we quickly discoverd just how affectionate he is. My does he love to purr and "knead" when he is petted.
Monday he gets his free vet check. He is being treated for an ear infection with drops twice a day. I also know he needs a dental sometime. Other than that he is a great guy.
Dorothy doesn't seem affected by his smell on us. She smells our hands and doesn't get upset. She also doesn't try to get un his room or act curious about the door being closed. I am relieved. I thought things might be tense. We have a week with him in isolation. Then we can think of introduction. I have plan. Just hope they agree. He was said to like other cats, so that is half the battle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats on your fur baby, right now my Sir Lancelot(not Siamese..lol)is not well and I am just hoping he makes a turn around... but enough of me.. I AM SO THRILLED.. and what a handsome boy he is! I am glad he is very loveable and I like his name too
ReplyDeleteHaha, I had to lol reading the name in the title. Cute! Ry picked a great name for such a BEAUTIFUL boy. I'm glad everything worked out soo well. Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteLove the name and it seems to suit him. He is a handsome guy. Glad for you!
ReplyDeleteLove the name. He is very handsome!
ReplyDeleteGlad you found a cat that suits everything you were looking for. I hope the introduction goes well. :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad for you! And what a bright eyes!
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful! I've been away for awhile, and so I'm just catching up, but I am so glad you found such a handsome, loveable guy. My big male cat is my sweetheart. I love my girl kitty, too, but Max is my special boy. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful! And the fact that he purrs all the time is lovely. I'm so glad for you!
ReplyDelete