Friday, November 30, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, No. 47

Little notes written to remember each precious day! 

Living room tree and train.
Monday...

A sleepy start!  It was the Monday after a four day weekend, so I didn't expect much different. Thankfully, the early morning coffee kicked in and gave me the desire to be diligent.  Or maybe it was answer to prayers sent up in desperation?  Somehow, we managed to get back on track with our lessons, laundry, and chores. 

Tuesday...

Another blessed day at home to keep on top of lessons, laundry, dishes, and other chores.  Not much else to report.  It was a quiet day.

By Grace


Wednesday...

Our busy day!  Got our lessons done and then had an early lunch, as usual.  I dropped Grace off at art and the boys and I went to our friend's home.  She had some computer things for Ryan to do.  Trevor played with her 4 year old who is still at home.  I helped her go through a book case, trying to decide what to keep or toss.  We both have trouble in that area.  Books are like old friends.  Keep them around! 
We picked up Grace and then stopped to get a few items from the grocery store.  I made their favorite, BBQ chicken pizza for dinner.  Then it was off to church. 

BBQ chicken pizza

Thursday...

We enjoyed another good day of lessons.  Today we finished a great book, The Story of Mary Jones and her Bible.  I had read it last year, but never out loud to the kids.  It's such a great story of dedication to God's word.   You can read it for free on the link above.  It's worth the time! 

The afternoon was spent purging two closets.  Grace and Trevor tried on all their clothes, bless their hearts.  Now they are in need of replacements.  It's always the case! 


Off with you! 


Grace and I took over a big bag to Good Will, and found a few things for her.  What a blessing!  We have another 4 bags to give to friends with smaller kids.  I need to find friends with bigger kids than mine!  lol. 

In the evening, we took the kids to karate and then Jeff and I did our dash to two stores, Costco and Trader Joe's. 

Friday...

I awoke with a burst of energy and a long list in my mind!  First, we finished our lessons, mainly math and NaNoWriMo, which ends today.  Then we put things away, dusted, swept floors, and looked for more things to purge.  Grace and I also baked a double batch of pumpkin muffins, a single batch of granola bars, and a small pan of corn bread.  It all turned out rather well.  We'll eat right this weekend! 

Speaking of the weekend, we have plans to see lots of extended family.  (Yay!)  More on that next week. 

Until then,
Jenn

Contented cat and silly boy! 


13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy and productive week. We got back into our school routine on Monday too. It was hard after the long weekend. Thanks for the link to the free book. Last year I read two old books to my son "Teddy's Button" and "Sir Malcom and the Missing Prince". Both great books. The first is on salvation and the second is a character building book. Have a nice weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toss a book? Parish the thought Jenn. teehe. I think we have Mary Jones & Her Bible too. Nice tree, ours looks a little sparse this year, another string of lights died. Have a fun weekend with family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tree friend, and I agree with Jenn.. The thought of tossing a book.. let not the nightmares begin.. ha ha .. Great Photos to what appears to have been a Blessed Week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week. I hope your weekend is a lot of fun too. And that tree looks so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree and the art. Oh, the purging of the clothes is such a chore. Pumpkin muffins are on my radar for weekend baking. I finally made bread advthe shelves here are sparse due to bakery closings. Kind of glad, it was nice to get back to bed baking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bread baking, I caught that mistake as I pushed publish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great week. Love the tree. I'm anxious to get back into a normal weel again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all your pictures! They are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenn your tree is beautiful!!!! Love Grace's art work. Its just precious. My dd would love that pizza. The rest of us have not brought our selfs to try chicken on pizza! I have been purdging too. Its a wonderful feeling. Have a fabulous week!
    ( tried flicker...I think it is easier than photobucket )

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS
    Dear Dorthy is growing up. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! I thought she was grown when we got her, but she's filled out with 8 months of good food and lots of love.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. She is! I thought she was grown when we got her, but she's filled out with 8 months of good food and lots of love.

      Delete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails