![]() |
| What Grace does during read aloud time. |
Monday...
Must be diligent! We need three good days of school this week. We need to prepare the house for Thanksgiving, and we need to get provisions. Those are my three goals for the week. Thankfully, the house is in pretty good shape. The drywall will be repaired on Wednesday, even. We just need to keep things picked up.
Jeff and Grace put up our "new" to us Christmas tree last evening. It was given away because the attached lights no longer worked. Grace and Jeff cut off the lights and put on new ones. The tree is so much nicer than our old one! (Yes, this is putting it up early, but my husband is a big fan of Christmas, so we roll with it.) Tonight the tree decorations will be put up. I won't put up the other decorations until this weekend.
![]() |
| What Dorothy does during read alouds. |
Tuesday...
This will be my one day at home without distractions, therefore, the day I need to make the most of. After lessons, we will clean, but save the dusting and sweeping for Thursday morning, since drywall will be installed tomorrow. No use doing something twice. I want to tackle some clutter spots, like the shelves in Ryan's room that I have for storing homeschool materials. I'd like to use them for more short term storage. There are plenty of things to get rid of.
I'm still reading my Abigail Adams biography. I want to get her actual letters to read as well. She seems like quite a spunky lady! Speaking of spunky ladies, here's a recent picture of my beautiful 90 year old grandma and her baby doll.
![]() |
| Grandma and baby, doing well. |
Wednesday...
Lots to do today! We got our lessons done in the morning. At noon, Jeff was off. Woo, hoo! It sure feels like the holiday spirit is kicking in! The drywallers were supposed to come, but cancelled, so we ended up going to play 18 holes of disc golf in the glorious sunshine! Grace went to Mom's to bake. Granddad joined us at golf. I put dough on for pizza before we left, as I knew we'd be tired and hungry when we got home. And, we also are going to go to church this evening, so I need a quick meal at that! Thankfully, the house is all ready for Thanksgiving. It truly was a glorious day. The weather is supposed to change tomorrow night. It will be in the 30's this weekend! This is "make hay while the sun shines" weather for certain!!!
Thursday...
We were blessed to host Thanksgiving again this year. I am so thankful for my dear family who were present and missed those unable to join us. We had the usual feast: turkey, stuffing, rolls, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, salad, cranberries, green bean casserole, gravy, pies, and pumpkin cake. The weather was again very nice. It was still 60 and partly cloudy when our guests left, so we again rushed out to play nine holes of disc golf. It was starting to get a little windy, so our game was off, but it was fun to do something active after so much food.
Friday...
The drywallers are here! We spent the day decorating our house for Christmas. We made room to put up a second tree between the living and dinning room areas. We did a little online shopping. We don't do Black Friday, mostly because we start shopping in September and by now we are almost done. We did venture out to Costco to get our normal groceries in the later afternoon. The traffic was light and the store not too crowded. We watched White Christmas and sipped hot cocoa by the fire this evening. It was truly a lovely evening.
| Trevor at grandparent's home. |
Saturday...
We had a special cinnamon roll breakfast to start our family day. I need to do a little cleaning up after the drywallers. (The painters will come this coming week, I imagine.) Today, we are going to have a Wii game party amongst ourselves. There are a few little errands to run on our way to pick up Trevor, who is spending the night with grandparents. The weather is probably too cold and windy to play golf, but I would not rule it out if the sun comes out. Tomorrow will be a usual Sunday with church, but no choir, just youth group in the evening, so that will be nice.
Once again, I thank you for reading and wish you a very lovely rest of your weekend!
Jenn





Happy Thanksgiving Week Jenn! Grace certainly has some artistic talent!! Gma does look like she is doing well. Where's her kitty? Sounds like you had a wonderful week and holiday. I thought it was too good to be true that the drywallers would come the day before Thanksgiving. I'm surprised they showed up on Friday. Glad at least that part is done. Have a wonderful weekend my friend. I'll have my weekly post up today, just have to download photos. ttfn
ReplyDeleteHi Jane! Grandma's kitties were getting so hard to keep clean. The nursing staff introduced this baby and it seemed to make Grandma happy. I look forward to your post!
DeleteWhat beautiful paper dolls Grace makes! She's very talented.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a good week. I like how you listed three goals and then worked on them...and managed to squeeze in some outside time as well. Hopefully your home will be like new again soon.
Good thing I read Jane's comment and your reply. I was wondering were Gmas kitty was as well. Sounds like she has caring care givers. What a blessing. Sounds like you all had a productive and enjoyable week.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great week. Glad that you could have Thanksgiving at your house, what fun. I hope you continue to have a great weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, Thats amazing Grace! I love the grandma picture.
ReplyDelete