Friday, December 7, 2012

This Week At Home, 2010, No. 48

Little notes written to remember each precious day!  

First, let me fill you in on our weekend past...

Saturday, we went to visit Grandpa and Grandma.  They gave us their lawn mower!  (((Thank you!!!))) 

 
Then on Sunday after church, we had the most delightful visit with more grandparents and a enjoyed delicious brunch.  Trevor also had choir rehearsal Sunday evening.  What a full weekend! 

Family!  
Number one son. 

Monday...

For a Monday, we did pretty well today.  We got right to our lessons.  We also worked on the usual chores:  laundry, dishes, and trying to remember to put things away when we were done with them. (I say "we", but you know who I mean, the children! ) Tonight is our only night at home all together.  It was nice to have a quiet evening.  Until I did this to my toe!!!  I jammed my toe into a chair that I didn't see. 

Tuesday...

My toe, it's pretty sore.  I don't know if it is broken, not that anything could be done anyway.  Otherwise, we got all our work done today.  The kids pitched in and helped me with chores so I didn't have to run around as much.  Tonight is my bunco group.  We are having our Christmas gift exchange. Thankfully, I can wear shoes!

Dorothy got an early Christmas present. 
Wednesday...

Our busy, busy day is here!  Lessons, chores, art class, visiting with a dear friend, and AWANA.  Not much else to report on this day.  My toe is the only challenge.  It's still sore, but OK as long as I don't bend it. Unfortunately, I bend it during the night and it wakes me up in pain!!   AWANA wasn't too bad, either. Next week is the big party for the kids.  That will be exciting. 

The Grand Master and Trevor

Thursday...

After lessons, Grace and I headed out the door to get our weekly groceries, but first, I took her to lunch as a big treat.  She's been working so hard to be a godly girl and I wanted to encourage her with a little extra treat. Getting through two stores this time of the year is a little challenging.  Seems there are a lot more people out there, even early in the day.  We got back and put things away.  Tonight was the big karate tournament.  The guys went.  Grace and I stayed in our cozy home enjoying more together time.  Neither of the boys placed, but a good time was had.  
Lunch with my best girl. 

Friday...

Today, our mission was to get the house ready for our small group meeting tonight, after we finished up our lessons.  Grace had a math test.  Trevor had some reading to do.  Ryan had biology and language arts to finish.  I had records to attend to.  This week, I was not the best at recording our work.   After those things were done, we worked on putting things in their places.  We tried to do it as we went this week, but we got a little sloppy towards the end of the week.  After lunch, we dusted, swept, vacuumed, mopped, and cleaned.  I also made a batch of hummus for tonight, along with some iced tea.  We'll have pumpkin cake, too, homemade of course, but not by me.  It's what is left of the one Grace and my mom made for Thanksgiving.  We've been so good and left it alone in the freezer! 

Church

Weekending ...

We have our church's Christmas musical and Jeff's work party to attend.  Between those events, we'll finish our Christmas shopping and maybe have a little down time.  It will be rainy all weekend, so we won't be going to play disc golf. 

I hope you have a great weekend and as always, thanks for reading. 
Jenn

6 comments:

  1. I hope that your toe is feeling better. Sounds like you had a productive but fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful family photos to capture the moments! And DD seems to like her gift - Anna would love to get a tower for our furballs, but I don't think so. Have a good weekend. We are waiting for 6-8" of snow tonight thru Sunday morning. I'm thinking we aren't going to make it to church. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week, well except for you toe. :) That is such a nice picture of your family. We are actually suppose to get some light snow this weekend. I really don't mind too much, I miss having snow this time of year. Of course come January and February I'll be complaining about it. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that you're able to do little things with Grace to encourage her. I need the reminder to do such things with my kids. :)

    I hope your toe will be fine; our son needed to wear a splint for a few weeks so it wouldn't bend and grow back wrong. You can probably make up something like that to keep from bending it in bed.

    Have a blessed Sunday!

    I've been too busy and headachey to post a weekly wrap up today, but I put up some quotations from earlier in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont you just hate it when them chairs just jump right out there and bust your toes... lol.. hope it mends, that looks painful..

    Oh my goodness your eldest is almost unrecognizable.. becoming quite a handsome young man..

    it appears you are having a blessed December filled with family and happy treats.. Hope the new week is just as blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! I hope your foot is feeling better. I did that a couple years ago and actually broke my little toe. I think the furniture moves sometimes just to get us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails