Friday, November 16, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, No. 45

Little notes written in order to remember each precious day...

Beautiful sunrise Sunday morning. 

Monday...

Today was all about water, or lack of!  Last week, plumbers came to fix a leak and discovered that the 50 year old pipes had sprung  not only a leak, but were needing replaced.  So for the past weekend, we had only one working bathroom and shower, the least liked bathroom.  Today they are back and had to turn off all water,except the kitchen sink.  They had to take out the old and put in new, which is no easy task.  And now the pictures of before...




One other exciting thing about Monday was that we got our first snow!  It was a trace amount, but so pretty coming down.  The sun came out and it all melted.  And, yes, between all the noise of plumbers plumbing we got half our school work completed.  I took the kids to Mom's house after lunch so they could have a bathroom to use.  I came back and baked bread for dinner while I waited for the plumbers to finish.

Tuesday...

Aw, Tuesday!  I think this has to my favorite day of this week, because I did not have to go anywhere and no one was coming here.  We were able to get caught up on our school work, too.  We're almost through George Washington's World by G. Foster.  I read about 20 pages out loud each day to get through the whole book in a reasonable amount of time. 

I am loving the time period we're studying in history so much that it inspired me to get a biography about Abigail Adams, which I am loving!  I think I have found my winter reading plan, biographies.  I love having a winter reading plan.  It makes choosing books easier. I don't like thinking about what to read next.  Usually, I pick an author and read everything I can find by that person.

Tuesday evening, Jeff spent a little time working on our 12 year old Orek vacuum, despite it being late, and it now works wonderfully.  You may remember that I won another Orek a few years ago.  Let's just say, I like my old one better.  The "new" one is so heavy and currently is not working  well either, and I don't want to spend money on getting it fixed.  Jeff is going to take a look at it soon. 

Indulgences. 


Wednesday...

Morning lessons, an early lunch, off to art class, a stop at Target, rest time before AWANA.  That's our typical Wednesday. Of course, I had a great time with my girls in AWANA and came home exhausted.

Thursday...

The plumbers came back to install a new whole house water filter and water pressure tank.  Another guy came to size up the holes in the drywall and will let me know if he's coming back tomorrow or next week to fix them.  I voted for tomorrow, in case it mattered to him. 

Once again, we got our work done with an audience.  That's OK. We just keep rolling along, no matter what.  Speaking of rolling along, the kids are keeping up with their NaNoWriMo goals.  It's great that they are still motivated. How can we change this to NaNoWriYear? 

The Cat Whisperer and his victim, who doesn't like to be held. 

Friday...

Hooray it is Friday!  I think our lessons are all caught up, except for Grace's math.  There is a book on hold to pick up at the library.  We need bread, too.  I want to stop at Good Will on the other side of town since I have to drop Trevor off for a birthday party this evening.  I'm making a big pot of chili for dinner.  And we need to get the house tidy for the weekend.  The drywall will not be fixed today, most likely Monday. 


Used some birthday money to replace his charger that is lost. The two brown dots on his face are chocolate, by the way. 


Indulge me with one more of Dorothy Dumpling, our sweet little photogenic friend. 

So that is a look at our week.  This weekend we have small group, church, a choir performance for Trevor, and hopefully a little disc golf. 

Have a great weekend!
Jenn



8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about all your water woes. I'm sure you torchered the workers with the wonderful aroma of bread baking and then they had to leave. I bet the home owner is wondering when it will all end. 20 pages a day? You must not have any voice left! I love biographies too!!! DD doesn't seem to mind being adopted into a family that sticks a little box in front of her face all the time and bright light flashing. She's a natural. Have a great weekend. I'll probably get my review up later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it, Jane, my throat has been sore the last few days! We are blessed with a good landlord, who doesn't seem to mind all the repairs. He didn't raise our rent either, thankfully. Do you have any biographies to recommend? I look forward to your week's review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good that you have a good landlord! Sorry, I really don't have any biographies to recommend - my mind is a blank. I read some here and there amongst all the other books I have stacked up right now, but none that stand out as great. I'll let you know if I think of any.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a busy but productive week even with the plumbing distraction. I hope they will get your dry wall fixed quickly for you. I too love the days when we don't have to be anywhere. It's so relaxing to be at home without the worlds schedule. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week. Glad you are getting the plumbing fixed. It's such a blessing to have a landlord that does upkeep on the house.

    What a great idea for winter reading, biographies, I'll have to think about that myself. :)

    I hope you have a blessed and fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy week! I'm so sorry you're having to replace all the plumbing but how nice it will be for you all. I love that you take some time to enjoy each other throughout the week. That's the wonderful thing about homeschooling. :)

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! God bless you and your family!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, what a lot of disruption with all the water problems. I'm glad it's being fixed. Sounds like you have a good landlord.

    And it sounds like you had a good week. I'm glad.

    I, too, love days at home, but we've had some good going-out days too. Today we went out with a group of girls to buy supplies to fill the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. They had so much fun filling the boxes, writing notes, and then chosing which pictures of themselves they wanted to put into their box. Now they're watching Lord of the Rings, and then we'll pack them off to bed early since Miss 14 still has pneumonia. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about water trouble. I like your week description and the chocolate freckles on the face of your son are sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails