Sunday...
After church and lunch, Jeff and I took off to play nine holes of disc golf. It was a pretty, sunny day in the middle forties. The park had just mowed down the rough areas recently. We found three discs! One belonged to Ryan. It was his favorite. When he lost it a few weeks ago, eight people had stopped their play to help him, but no one could find it. Before heading home, Jeff and I also stopped to get small coffees at Starbucks, the cheapest way to enjoy their coffee! (Thanks Mom! The gift card is awesome!)
![]() |
| I found it! |
After such a busy weekend, today was off to a slower start. We got through all our subjects, though. The weather is cooler so far this week. I can't believe it is getting down in the 20's at night already. Today, I made homemade pizza for dinner. We began watching Star Trek Next Generation. It will probably take us the next seven months to watch all of them!
Tuesday...
We were up early so that Jeff could go vote on his way to work. I took the kids to vote a little later. We had to wait a little under an hour. Trevor still managed to finish his math program today and start Math U See Pre-Algebra. We didn't get all of our reading done today. That's OK. We did watch more Wartime Farm. It's kind of like history! For dinner, I made 2 crustless quiche and roasted potatoes. We listened to Moody Radio's election coverage when the national show's left bent got too much for us to stomach. We went to bed not knowing the outcome...
Wednesday...
Like most days since the time change, I was wide awake at 4:30AM. Jeff was too, so we checked on the election results. Ugh. Lord have mercy on us. At least we live in a state that is sane. No matter what unworthy man is president, Jesus is King!
That said, we had lots to do today: lessons, art class, chores, and AWANA. I also got to talk to a friend for an hour while Grace was in art.
AWANA was "Bring A Real Friend Night" of BARF Night. Ha, ha. There were lots of friends brought. No one tossed their cookies that I know of.
Thursday...
Today was another busy day. I read aloud and then drew up a list of things for the kids to do while I went to have coffee with a friend. I came home and the kids had completed their lists, so I was pleased. After lunch, I had the pleasure to take our friends to our church to meet up with their group going to India on a mission trip. It was a quick trip, but still exciting to help friends. Afterwards, we had two plumbers here trying to find out why the ceiling in the laundry room was leaking water. Turns out an old copper pipe has a hole in it. We are not allowed to use the upstairs bathrooms until they come back on Monday to fix the pipe. I made dinner (pizza) and we were off to karate and grocery shopping.
Friday...
We had to do a little catch up with our lessons this morning. We also had to do a lot of tidy work around the house. I also had to clear out the laundry room to clean the shelves. There is a lot of mold in the wall and it smells. I am worried. I hope they can get it all. It worries me that it is exposed like that with the big hole they left.
Otherwise, the day has been very nice. It's such a pretty day, sunny and a little warmer. Tonight we are free to relax together as a family.
Weekending...
Tomorrow some of us are going to a high school musical. We also want to try to get in a few holes of disc golf and work on the leaves. Sunday, Jeff's dad is coming down for lunch after church. Trevor will have choir practice in the evening.
I hope you have a terrific weekend. Thanks for reading.
Jenn



Aside from the presidential election, sounds like a great week.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week. Sorry about the leak and the mold, I hope it gets cleaned up and fixed soon. Have a great weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is a week soon be over! I love that picture of you so much! Are you always so cheerful? It seems you will never grumble, when I see your picture :-) Heb een fijn weekend/ have a fine weekend.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the election results. Nice hearing about your full week. Good job to Trevor on his math! It sounds like he is way ahead ~ good for him!
ReplyDeleteI am with you on this time change thing. As I said to my husband...I am gonna be tired till spring!
ReplyDeletePost your recipe for quiche.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Enjoy your weekend and the play. Sounds like you've had a nice week. Take care! Heather
ReplyDeleteWe're in Canada, and even we were nervous about the election. But as you point out, God is in control.
ReplyDeleteReading week after Christmas sounds good! Ours coincides with the library's counting week.