Monday...
Happy 18th Anniversary to us! We had a great long weekend without the kids, thanks to grandparents. We took a couple day trips, visited two new disc golf courses, looked at several antique stores, and drank lots of coffee in front of our fireplace while watching old movies.
All that aside, I missed my kids a lot. It is never quiet around here, and it was so quiet that I could hear Jeff's watch ticking! It was wonderful to be reunited with them today.
We spent the day mostly relaxing, well, not Jeff and Ryan. They headed to yet another 'new-to-us' disc golf course to play 18 holes! They are obsessed.
![]() |
| He actually made the putt from here! |
Today was our Monday in every way, but we hung in there and managed to have productive days despite wanting to hide in bed all day. After lessons, we did a big tidy of the house because friends were coming at 2 o'clock. I had asked a friend to have coffee with me while our kids played. They are homeschoolers, too, so we can do things like that. Our girls made us brownies from scratch. The boys found multiple action games to keep them busy outside.
The evening was quiet. After dinner, and mowing leaves, tis the season, we enjoyed a fire and an episode of Deep Space Nine. We're in the final season!
![]() |
| Our friend's Eli, the perfect dog. |
Wednesday...
Wednesday was kind to us this week! We worked hard, starting a little early on our lessons. We ate our lunch early, again, so we could go to art at 12:30. Ryan had a computer job, so I dropped Grace off and took Ryan to his job. He loves helping my friends and they love his help! His specialty is keeping old computers humming along, a good skill to have. Trevor came along to play with their sweet dog, Eli. If I could have a dog, it would be a carbon copy of Eli!
The rest of the afternoon was uneventful, thankfully. Picked up Grace, picked up the boys, came home and made pizza dough and then folded clothes.
AWANA went a little better this week, although, we had two rounds of handbook time instead of counsel time, because our dear commander was sick . Lots of verses were said. I wonder if they are truly in their long term memory, but time will tell. My girls are silly, but fun. The time goes quickly, and I am exhausted!
![]() |
| My coffee date. |
Thursday...
Because Jeff is working at church tonight with the children's choir, of which Trevor is a member, he isn't able to go shopping with me as usual. So, Trevor and I went before lessons in order to beat the crowds. We even stopped to have a little coffee date, which made it extra nice.
I have to say going before lessons worked pretty well. The other two students worked on their independent work, took showers, and Grace even had lunch ready for us when we got back. After lunch, Trevor did his work and then we finished our together work. I was hoping to go to the park, but realized I was packing too much into one day, so we spent a much needed quiet afternoon at home.
![]() |
| His little buddy. |
Friday...
We get to stay home today! It's a busy day with lessons, dog sitting for a neighbor, and getting the house back in order for small group here tonight. Ryan and I got to look at slides under the microscope. The younger two and I took our neighbor dog on a walk. She had to stop at every mailbox to mark it! Makes a walk around the block take a lot longer.
The weekend will be spent in the usual way with a disc golf game on Saturday and church on Sunday. It's supposed to warm back up into the 70's, too. It's sunny and 55F today, delightful!
I hope you've had a nice week, too!
Jenn





Lovely week! Happy Anniversary. Sounds like you had a delightful time.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Tina! We were blessed. That's for sure!
DeleteSounds like a busy, but good week. Enjoy your weekend. Heather
ReplyDeleteThank you, Heather. Enjoy yours as well!
DeleteSounds like a great week. I hope you have a great weekend too. :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great when you find a new time or way to do something?
ReplyDeleteVery Nice Indeed! I wish Dorie liked to be cuddled like DD. Maybe she should come over and give lessons.
ReplyDeleteGreat week! I'm getting more and more curious about disc golf; never heard about it until you started playing it! One of these days I'll even go to the effort of looking it up.
ReplyDeleteBut first we've got to learn what broomball is since we're volunteering at the world championships this month. They said it's OK that we don't know anything because there's a lot of generic volunteering to do.
I wish you another great week!
I feels good to be back and reading your weekly wrap up! Wow, your kids are getting all grown up. Kids have a habit of doing that. [o; And it also sounds like your oldest is discovering some strengths and could be used in the future profession. I have to admit I love that stage where you really start seeing possibilities of who they are really becoming. It sounds so lovely and fun in your home.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Hi, Jenn ~
ReplyDeleteI've had trouble posting comments the past few weeks and have lost a number of them I'd written on your blog - sorry! Hope it's fixed now, I'm on another computer. Anyway, good to hear your family news and know that all is well. It's fun to see your family pics even though I've never met you all! :-)
Yea happy birthday, and where is my coffee date?
ReplyDelete