Friday, October 19, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 41

Notes written to remember each precious day...

A birthday present for me! 

Monday...

Most Mondays find us dragging, usually from a busy weekend, and this Monday is no different.  Saturday, we spent 3 hours playing disc golf at a pretty challenging course.  Sunday, Trevor sang in all three services and had to be at church at 6:30 in the morning.  It's a long morning for him! 

So, I was proud of myself for getting bread started, laundry going, and dishes done all before school work today.  It was a good school day, too.  And in the afternoon, Grace and I tried our hand at making homemade noodles.  The noodles were added to a chicken soup for an awesome dinner!  Recipe here. Thanks, Tina! 


Tuesday...

I love Tuesdays!  We are home, again!  I love days at home.  We get so much done.  Although, we did not stay home all day.  We met grandparents at a park to play more disk golf.  I wish I had taken some pictures.  Oh well.  It was a glorious afternoon to be outside.  Everyone enjoyed the sunshine and warmer air, despite the wind.  


Wednesday...

Like a typical Wednesday, we were busy with fun things.  I took Grace to art class and nearby there is a park where the boys and I could practice our disc golf skills.  It was windy again, so it made for some challenging drives, but again, it was fun.  I broke down and took the boys to McD's for drinks.  Once in awhile, it's OK, right?



Thursday...

Another beautiful, but windy day.  After lessons, we enjoyed having a couple playmates over.  Then the usual off to karate and buying our food for the week!  




Friday... 

Today is my birthday!   We're going camping, about to leave in a few moments, thus the quick entry.  I will post more on Monday.  Have a great weekend!
Jenn 

18 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and enjoy your camping trip. The quilt you received is really pretty, a very thoughtful gift. Have a great day! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your time away camping. That quilt is just beautiful and love the inviting colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamara! I hope you are all well. I miss hearing from you. (((hugs)))

      Delete
  3. Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Love the little present up there....beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, occasionally is fine, Happy Birthday!!!!! Enjoy your camping weekend. What a beautiful birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! It was a very happy birthday.

      Delete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY again to YOU, my friend! I hope you all have a very fun weekend!!! Pretty quilt, is that a wall hanging??? I can't believe how grown up Ryan is looking now days, but Trevor always looks the same, cutie. And a very nice close-up of DD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane. Yes, it is a wall hanging or it could be used on a table. I love quilts, so it was a lovely gift! No comment about Ryan. I am not ready for him to be all grown up. lol.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday. That is such a pretty quilt, what a sweet gift. I hope you have a great birthday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, Happy Birthday, Jen! The quilt/wall hanging is so beautiful! Hope you're weekend is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lisa! The weekend meant so much to me!

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday, dear Jenn! I pray you're having a lovely time and that God will give you a blessed year. Thanks for being such a sweet online friend and for the inspiration of your 'busy at home' lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Annie Kate! You are such an inspiration to me!!!

      Delete
  9. O Happy Birthday! I'm not too late to congratulate you? Did you have a good day? Nice, that homemade noodles. We eat here never noodles. I hope you've had a nice camping weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jedidja! It is never too late for birthday wishes. :-) And yes, it was a wonderful camping weekend.

      Delete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails