Friday, October 5, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, No. 39

Little notes written to remember each precious day! 


Monday...

This was a harder day, coming off a busy, but wonderful weekend.  If we could, I would have called it a day off, but, we really needed to keep going.  Plus, if the weather holds, we will be off on Friday.  So, onward we marched!

I had the usual post camping ton of clothes to get washed, and sleeping bags hung out to get some fresh air.  Thankfully, it was dry this morning.  The rain held off until later.

I made homemade pizza, broccoli slaw, and grapes for dinner.  We were all glad to have a quiet evening at home.



Tuesday...

Yay, rain!  We sure need all the rain we can get to make up for the dry summer.  We got going on our lessons earlier today.  I think the motivation of playing with friends this afternoon was a big part of their happily doing their work and helping tidy up afterwards.

Lessons are going well this week.  We are reading a good book about John Wesley, A Heart Strangely Warmed.  We also started another book about small pox called, Dr. Jenner and the Speckled Monster.  It grossed Grace out.  She doesn't like descriptive medical books.  Guess that rules out her becoming a doctor or nurse! 

For dinner, I am made tuna cakes, roasted squash, and apples slices from an orchard in MI.



Wednesday...

I face Wednesdays with a certain amount of angst, as there is much to do, but nothing beyond my abilities, just out of my comfort zone a bit.   Today was no different.  We got our lessons done in the morning.  I made an effort to keep up the dishes and laundry.  At 12:30, Grace had art class, so we had to eat a little earlier than normal.  That worked out because we're always hungry early.  After I dropped Grace off at art, I spent the next hour with a dear, dear friend, who lives in the same town as art class.  That hour flew!  After art, we had a couple hours to work on laundry, projects, and get a little rest time before the big evening rush.  I made homemade spaghetti sauce for our pasta tonight.  6 o'clock came and we had to be off to AWANA.

This week, AWANA was a bit crazy.  The kids had a lot of excess energy for some reason, and I could not always follow the game leader's directions, as I was distracted trying to keep the kids in line.  A girl had a mild asthma attack during game time and the church bathrooms were shut down due to a sewer break!  Oh well, I survived another week! 



Thursday...

This week has had very strange weather.   It started rainy and cool and today was sunny and near 80 degrees.  So, we had to get outside!!!  Because more rain is coming tomorrow along with being back in the 60's.  After lessons, we hopped in the van and drove to one of our favorite disc golf parks.  This one has only 9 holes, so we did not wear ourselves out.  After 9 holes, the kids went back to their favorites in the woods.  I'm so proud of them.  They really love this game and it is so good for them!  They even happily went off to karate tonight.  For dinner I made meatloaf, roasted butternut squash, and mashed cauliflower. 




Friday...

Today begins a four day weekend for us!!  Monday is our 18th wedding anniversary!!  For the last several years, grandparents have graciously taken our kids for the weekend so that Jeff and I can go away together.  This year, we were planning to go back up to the lake, but because the lows are going to be in the 30's and the highs in the 50's, we decided to cancel our camping trip.  It was a tough decision, but the right one, as the camper is not heated and we were uncomfortable sleeping last week in the 40's!  Not all is lost, though.  The kids are still going to have their grandparent weekend.  Jeff and I are having a staycation.  The big winner is our sweet Dorothy, who misses us when we are away.  Jeff and I are going to a new disc golf course, apple orchard, antique store, and visit my grandma.  We'll also be able to attend church, which is preferred over camping!   And we will be warm and snug at night.  :-)  Hopefully, the weather will warm up in the next couple of weeks so that we can go for my birthday.  I can hope! 


So there you have our week.  Thanks for reading!
~Jenn 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful, busy week! I love how you share what you do each day. :)

    Happy Anniversary! May God bless you both abundantly on this day and give you many, many more years together.

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your weekend was a great one despite no trip.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week and some yummy dinners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I love your dinner list and how you record things day by day.

    Wishing you a less-challenging Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails