Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekending Fun

We're back from our quick trip up to the lake to celebrate Jeff's mom's 66th birthday.  We can sure jam pack a weekend!  Here are some photos I wanted to share... 

Ryan's abode. 


The mornings were in the 40's! 





Enjoying breakfast


Disc golf with the birthday girl! 


Neat tire creature! 
Hot cocoa! 

Finished her first big bike tour. 
Lake Michigan

Good day to fly kites
And now, the juggle to wash all the blankets begins!  I say juggle because with this old house on a well, there is precious little water pressure.  We have to either do laundry, dishes, or take showers,but not all at once.  So, last night we all had much needed showers, and today I will alternate the dishes and laundry.  There is a quick turn around time on the blankets as Jeff and I are going again this weekend to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary! 

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun time - nice pictures. We've been camping with cold mornings before (not as fun). Hot choclate does make everything better. So are you going to a cabin again for your anniversary??? Have a good week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. No, not a cabin, just the camper! I am hoping we can keep warm!

      Delete
  2. Lovely pics!!!! What a great weekend....but this southern girl thinks brrrrrrr, hahaha. It is still in the upper 80s here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like you and your family had a great time! Jeff's mom looks great! I only hope to look as good at 66 years old. :) I like the tire creature too. Kinda neat.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. So glad you get to go back so soon. It sounds like a lovely anniversary trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely time you had! Cold can be nasty, but as long as there are lots of warm clothes and hot drinks, you'll be fine. And a touque or hoody, definitely!

    I hope you have a lovely anniversary trip. Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenn, I discovered your blog through JoAnn. Looks like you had a nice time on the lake. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather!!! So glad you took the time to leave a comment. :-) I'll be right over to see your blog!!

      Delete
  7. I just love the blankets and hot chocolate! Best way to enjoy the change of seasons. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails