Saturday, July 14, 2012

This Week (Not) At Home, 2012, Week 27

VBS week!  What more can I say?  Each day was about the same with all of us getting up EARLY (for us) and out the door to be at the main church, in our seats, before 8:20.  The teens had their own program in our separate ministry center a mile away, so I had to drop them off at 8 each day.  We also are dog sitting for neighbors, so we had to take care of them as well as water plants before we left.  

I had the privilege to work in the 5th grade with Trevor this year.  Each day we followed a similar schedule while at VBS. We'd meet in the big auditorium for singing and a skit.  We'd move down to our classroom for a lesson from the Bible, memorization of the Word, and then we'd move up to crafts, onto snacks, and recreation time outside.  While the kids were at recreation, we workers were treated to snacks in a break room.  After that, we'd gather our kids and take them back to our room for some time with a real life missionary.  And then it was time for parents to pick them up. 

After VBS, Trevor and I would head over to the Ministry Center to pick up Ryan and Grace, usually around 12:45.  Then, we'd come home to eat lunch.  Most afternoons we'd then just hang out trying to regroup.  We did go to the grocery store one day.  I was happy if I got all the dishes , laundry, and dinner done before Jeff came home each night.  That was my only assignment! 

VBS with 1300+ people is awesome and very draining if you are an introvert, so I did not over schedule us.  I am looking forward to having my life back next week!  And I am looking forward to next year, Trevor's last year of regular VBS! 

Finally, here are some pictures of the kids' ceramics, the almost finished products.  I had to wait to post them until Daddy saw the real items, per the kids' requests! 

A hanging thingy for his room. 

A very pretty plate. 

He says it's a nebula?

10 comments:

  1. Haha, I think VBS week is all about survival. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief and put your feet up for a little bit.

    I was just wondering, if the teens meet in a separate building a mile away, does the church have good plans on how to integrate the teens back into the church once they graduate from there?

    Nice ceramic projects! Ryan's made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! The teens met separately for VBS only because there is no space for them in our newly expanded building. On Sundays the teens are encouraged to sit with their families during worship. They purposely have teen Sunday school on Sunday nights so that they can be with their families during the morning or serve in the younger kids' Sunday school classes. I think it works great. Our leaders are mindful of their need to participate with the congregation and make sure they know why.

      Delete
  2. I can just imagine all those 1300+ lives being touched in very unique ways. I hope that you got to sleep in today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only my mind would let me sleep in! I wake up early from habit, I guess.

      Delete
  3. Thank you again for your service to God and to the kids. You are appreciated and loved by me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a week! You survived, though. :) May the Lord bless the VBS week you had, for all 1300 of you.

    The ceramics are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good week, and about what my week coming up will look like. :) Sweet photos, they all did a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ceramics and like Jane I laughed at Ryans too.. . wow thats a whole lotta kids.. but I agree all them are touched in a way that we can only hope and pray will be fostered to train them up as the next generation of warriors for Christ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job on the painting!
    (My kids painted ceramic tiles at our VBS this year too!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails