This week was kind of a special one with lots of extended family time.
Monday...
The big news of the day is that Grandma (Jeff's mom) is finally able to come down for her regular summer visits. We're going to the ceramic store and Panera! Daddy was able to join us at lunch, as well, since he is still working at a nearby client's office again this week.
The heat remains a factor this week. It's going to be in the upper 90's and 100's all week. All I can think is,"Lord have mercy on us!" If only the 20% chance of thunder storms would turn into something, I could bare it better. The last one we had cooled things off for a little while. I feel sorry for so many of my local friends who did not get any rain this past weekend.
Tuesday...
Going swimming with good friends to beat the heat! Oh the pool was so lovely! The water temperature was perfect, not too hot, not too cold. I only regret that we could not stay more than a couple hours, which actually turned out to be enough. We also had to go do a little cook out shopping and Grace needed to get her friend a birthday present as she is going to a slumber party Thursday evening.
The heat is really difficult this week. I am eager for a change in this pattern. It's so hard to take the humidity and soaring temperatures. It's like the dead of winter and we can't enjoy being outside!
Wednesday...
Happy 4th of July, America! We had family over for a very hot cook out. Then at 9:45 and still near 90 degrees, we saw fireworks in town. Not much else to report about this very laid back day. Oh, we did go for a nice bike ride in the morning before the heat of the day.
Thursday...
Today was our day to visit Grandma at the nursing home with Mom. Grandma is physically doing OK, but mentally, she is not the same as even a month ago. She is still all smiles, but making even less sense, if that is possible. I know she enjoys our visits. She doesn't want us to leave. On the way home, Mom treated us to Starbucks, such a treat on yet another hot day. I could drink decaf iced coffee all day!
Friday...
Saturday will be a simple day to enjoy one another. Jeff wants to take us all Frisbee golfing in the morning. I know he's very excited about this, but if it is 80 degrees and 90% humidity, I will pass. The course is in the full sun, too. Thankfully, we don't need to do a lot of running on Saturday. Maybe we can go to the library, too.
Sunday afternoon is all hands on deck for VBS. I am going to be working in Trevor's 5th grade class. I love those kids! So, next week, I am not going to be around the blog world much. I will do Facebook and Twitter as I can do those from my couch on my phone! Yes, I will be on the couch a couple hours each day trying to recover and rest up for the next day! Those 1000+ kids will keep us 300 workers hopping all week. So please don't think me rude if I don't visit your blog and leave comments next week! If you want to follow me on Facebook, send me an email! ( jenn4him at gmail dot com )
Have a great weekend!





Wow, that's a HUGE VBS. I wish you the best. I think our's is 23-27 and the girls want to be helpers in that, but I'm not going to teach this year. I was asked to teach, but I declined.
ReplyDeleteI always love seeing your annual ceramics-with-grandma post. Make sure to show off the finished products when they are ready.
Those cookies look beautiful. Were they from Panara. We haven't been to Panara in a few years...there's a soup place we like better and the LORD knows I don't need a cinnamon crunch bagel.
Sorry you are sweltering in the heat so this week. Us too. They keep promising cooler weather only to revise it later to warmer than they first thought.
Have a good weekend. When is your next camping experience planned?
Another busy and tiring week for you! But I love your photos and the family- life you're sharing with us - your blog friends. What a nice biscuits (with sweets)
ReplyDeleteI'm also happy with water/pool. Wednesday I was swimming with my kids in a lake, 20 minutes away. I enjoyed the beautiful air and the laughter of the kids.
What a nice picture of your grandmother ( and other woman)
Look at the bright side of VBS - plenty to write about next week!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're having a beautiful, relaxing Saturday to prepare for a crazy busy week! And I hope it cools down for all of you. 1000 kids is a LOT even when it is not warm!
ReplyDeleteCookies look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteGlad you have cool water to retreat to during the sweltering weather.
HUGE VBS! Bless you! That is hardwork. The biggest I have ever done was 250 ( and I thought that was huge!)
Sounds like a great week. We start our VBS in the following week, next week is my 'work before VBS week'. :) I hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI hope you all get some relief from the heat soon and have a great week of VBS
ReplyDeleteWhat a special week! Your VBS is huge :) I'm glad that you get to spend special times with your grandma. It's hard when you know that they are not mentally the same.
ReplyDeleteJenn, you do deserve a rest! I hope the weather turns cooler. It is especially difficult to do VBS in the heat. The children get restless outside.
ReplyDelete