Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Birthday To Remember

It was a delightful day to turn thirteen. 

Nana arrived well ahead of the guests in order to make the dainty cupcakes.  (Thank you, Mom! So glad you could be here for this special day.) 


The birthday girl was put to work, too.  She made a platter full of fruit kabobs. 

A gift of fresh lavender added charm to the table.  (It's now planted out front with the zinnias. )

One special touch to the hostess before guests arrived.


Good friends arrive to hang out, do crafts, play piano, paint nails, play goofy games, and eat lots of food!


And, I got a big thank you in the end!  
 


14 comments:

  1. Ah, what better gift can there be than simple innocence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet closing photo and yeah for Gma making the pretty cupcakes; and I love the lavender centerpiece. So glad she had a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a LOVELY birthday for a LOVELY young lady. Happy b-lated birthday Grace! ((HUGS))

    Jenn you and your mom are so sweet and are the best!

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like an absolutely beautiful birthday. So glad it all went so well and that you were blessed with such a sweet gift at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures!.. Yummy looking cupcakes.. I am glad to hear it was a special day filled with good friends and food.. Many birthday wishes for the 13 birthday year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a perfectly lovely birthday for Grace. Happy Birthday to Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I can't believe she is a teen!
    She has blossomed into such a beautiful young lady.
    What a blessing to have such a lovely daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful milestone celebrated in lovely style. Happy birthday, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 13, such a lovely age!
    And those cupcakes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful!! Those cupcakes are so gorgeous and it was so good to see your Mom again. I've missed chatting with her on Twitter. :) A very happy birthday wish to the birthday girl!! May God bless her abundantly!

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Grace. What a special day you all had, and how beautiful it was. So special that Nana could be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet!!!! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! I like the little caketjes (in Dutch) They are so beautiful!

    I have lavender in my garden too! It smells so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely party. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails