![]() |
| Had the pool all to themselves! |
Monday...
It's 90+ degrees today. I am not a fan of this kind of heat! So, I was very thankful when my Mom called to invite us to swim at her pool. Refreshing! Relaxing! Just what we needed. Before swimming, we had a spelling test, did some math, and I worked on laundry. It was nice to get a little lesson work done. We didn't do much last week. I am also happy to report that I am feeling better. I still need to be careful to keep hydrated and to eat more frequently.
![]() |
| Noodle fun! |
Tuesday...
Another hot day ahead of us. It's running about 10 or more degrees above normal for this time of the year. And, did I mention that I don't enjoy hot days in the 90's? So, I've decided we must make the most of these cooler mornings. Everyone went outside to enjoy the cooler air this morning. I felt thankful for a little break in the heat. Since I knew the afternoon would be rather hot, we decided to watch The King and I after lunch. It turns out that the boys were not interested and it was just Grace and I. The boys built Lego ships or something. I love it when they are playing together, nicely! Anyway, Grace and I enjoyed the movie. The costumes are my favorite part.
Wednesday...
It ended up being a low key, stay at home and rest day. I am really enjoying the coolness of the mornings. We've taken to watering our plants and then I swing on the hammock and the kids (mostly Grace) bounce on the trampoline, until the sun comes over the tree line. It's glorious!
We are really loving A Reason For Spelling, well, at least I am! The kids are motivated to work on improving their scores from the pretest to the post test. Grace even took the initiative to do extra work. I like how the lessons are laid out. I enjoy the story that we read before the pretest. I think the sentences that they use for the tests are interesting and complex.
It's still really hot and we are just doing our best to stay cool.
Thursday...
Another quiet day at home. It reached 90 again, but there was a little relief in the evening with a line of storms that came through. I am thankful, of course, but we need so much more!
Jeff and Grace went to get groceries in the evening. What a blessing that was to me!
Friday...
Tonight we are supposed to have our small group over for a back yard camp out. We were all going to go to a state park for the weekend, but, there are a few issues to work out with the other families, like a child with a 103 fever last night! Another child coming straight from a week of camp. And I am still feeling a little worn out myself. The idea of a camping weekend did not appeal to me. So, we will see what the day brings!
Have a great weekend!
Jenn




Oh, what a nice pool! Swim all childs in your country with a shirt? Or is that a swimsuit? Here it is not so hot and it rains, rains, rains all day ... So nice and interesting to read your your notes on your blog.
ReplyDeleteIts cool your children are so motivated! My compliments to you all.
Funny cat. I smile :-)
Jedidja, not all children wear the swim shirts, but we do because they are excellent sun protection and modest, even for boys! Thank you for your kind comment. I pray you are doing well and look forward to visiting your blog soon!
ReplyDeleteIsn't this heat miserable?! We've had VBS this week, or we would have been at the pool, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm about ready to join the kids and run through the sprinkler myself - LOL.
Stay cool!
The pool sure looks inviting. My mom has a pool at their townhouse development, but it's over an hour away, we might as well use the pool at the motel in our town, the money we save on gas we use as pool fees.
ReplyDeleteI'd say DD has adjusted well -- what a loved little kitty!
MN has had an over-abudance of rain storms over the last month and we are just sick at heart about all the flooding. Some animals drowned at the Duluth zoo an others are being moved to the zoo in St. Paul for now. The one state park that we have been too up that way is closed and the swinging bridge that we have crossed is washed out. Very high water and lots of damage, very sad. I'm really glad we live high and dry. I wish you the best for your small group plans tonight.
What a blessing to have access to a pool like that. It would be so nice around here right now. :) It sounds like a good week for you all. I hope your weekend turns out fun, regardless of what you do. :)
ReplyDeleteWe've had hot weather too, and it can really slow you down! It sounds like a good week, regardless.
ReplyDeleteWe try to stay out of the sun between 10:30 and 2:30, but if we end up swimming then we also use t-shirts. I use one most of the time because my swim suit has stretched, and it sure feels a whole lot more modest.
Keep hydrated and healthy!
I'm so glad you're enjoying the cool mornings; days spent in A/C with no reprieve drive me batty. I'm getting out as much as I can, but in this rental that we are leaving there's not much to do outdoors. Planning our new yard, and getting excited. :)
ReplyDeleteThe pool looks absolutely delicious right now... :)
Happy Weekend!
Shani
Jenn, that swimming pool looks so inviting! There is nothing better on a hot day than a dip in the pool and maybe watermelon!
ReplyDelete