Plan C, prevailed, when A and B fell apart. Plan A was to go camping with our small group. Plan B was to have the camp out at our house. Plan C ended up with small group at our house around a fire pit, celebrating a boy's 10th birthday. But that's not all.
Saturday, Jeff and the other guys from the group took the kids fishing. I think it was my kids first time for real. They caught lots and released them all. I was surprised how long they were away. It seems like they all had a great time.
![]() |
| License to fish! |
![]() |
| The anglers. |
While they were away, Ryan slept and I had a quiet morning to myself to exercise, read, and get laundry started. When he woke up, we went next door to our neighbor's garage sale. They had a table full of old computer components and out of the blue, gave it all to Ryan. What a haul. As a matter of fact, I am writing this on the laptop they gave us. Ryan lugged it all home and assimilated it pretty quickly. It was a joy to watch him go to work. He took parts from some of our older computers that weren't working and made two great computers.
![]() |
| Dorothy approves. |
Jeff got home with the other two and we ate a nice lunch of leftover chicken brats. Then we went to the library and hardware store. The hardware store was on my list to get light bulbs and wire cages for my tomato plants. I still need a couple more, but they were more money that I planned. I may just do an old fashioned stake.
The rest of the afternoon we just hung out until it was time to start the Saturday afternoon grilling ritual. We're really enjoying our little Smoky Joe grill. We can grill quite a lot: 6 big chicken breasts, 4 brats, 4 hamburger, 2 peppers. Not all at once, but in stages it gets the job done.
Sunday ... We got to sleep in today! We went to church second hour, which is a treat. We got home and enjoyed some of the grilled bounty for lunch. The rest of the day was spent just enjoying the day together. Ryan had evening church for youth group. When he got home, we had blueberry ice cream and watched an episode of Deep Space Nine.
All in all, it was a great weekend. Not the one we planned, but the one we needed!





I'm glad you had such a nice weekend. Sounds perfect.
ReplyDeleteCarol
Sounds like a very nice and blessed weekend. So glad you all enjoyed your plan C. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd that is important: 'Not the weekend we planned, but the one we needed!'
ReplyDeleteThanks for this blog and great pictures. Fishing is fun!
Sounds lovely! Good for Ryan, putting those computers together out of bits and pieces! And how nice that your hubby could take the kids fishing. They'll never forget that.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend! Fishing & Computers for the the kiddos. Ryan sure is looking grown up these days. We had been so busy up thru the open house, that it's hard to wind down, but I'm enjoying days with NO plans.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteRyan is so talented! That just amazes me that he can figure stuff out like that! (and yes...he certainly is looking grown up! Where, oh where, did our 'little ones' go?)