I woke up from a fitful night of sleep, knowing this was going to be a tough week, as I am feeling weak, nauseated and wiped out! However, I am so thankful that this is going to be a low key week. So, I will press on. Only things accomplished today: spelling, lots of reading, a little math, dishes, laundry, and dinner. I finished a great book, The Girl of the Woods by Grace Livingston Hill. I enjoy Grace Livingston Hill's fiction. She always weaves the Gospel message into the plot. I recently read her book, Exit Betty. Her language may be more simple in nature, but the stories are sweet! They would be great for the girl who is 12+ .
Tuesday...
I don't have much of an appetite or much energy. It's another great day to read. Grace takes care of our little friend this afternoon. I spent a lot of time reading, Aunt Jane's Hero by Elizabeth Prentiss. This book was her marriage manual and if you have not read anything by this wonderful author, you must! I also loved Stepping Heavenward. She writes a sermon delivered through her fictional tales. It makes me very sad that my library does not have a single one of her books! Thankfully, I can read many for free via Google Books.
Wednesday...
Each day I feel a little better, although my appetite is gone and I am still nauseated and weak. I slept a little better, too, which is a blessing. Today, Grace had a play date in the afternoon. I also went to get some bird seed. We did spelling, math and lots of reading. I finished Aunt Jane's Hero. Ryan and Grace had youth group this evening. Jeff took Trevor to play tennis after a quick trip to Trader Joe's.
![]() |
| Costco frozen yogurt! |
Thursday...
Still nauseated, but I decided to just press on through it. Thankfully, I am able to keep going today, because we needed some food. We hit the library, bakery, and Costco. The kids and I got our first prizes for the summer reading program. I received a fine reduction coupon. Trevor got a couple coupons and a water squirt thingy. Grace got a water bottle and a little furry friend. Ryan did not get anything, yet. He's waiting. This evening, we all went to the tennis courts for an hour.
![]() |
| A tree I love near the tennis courts. |
Friday...
Finally not nauseated! But not hungry either. It's a wide open day, too! I think we will wrap up our spelling for the week and then work on the house a little. I want to pick out another book to read, too. Reading this week has kept my mind off my things, which was very helpful. Ryan gets to go to a sleep over tonight with his small group from church, their last blast.
This weekend is going to be nice. We have an open house to attend. Church is having a dedication for the new building.
I hope you have a great weekend!
~Jenn



Hurrah for a quieter weekend. Last weekend's mulch was a chance to complete a project, but I am glad it is done.
ReplyDeleteThank you for mentioning that Prentiss book. Old books are often so much better than the new ones!
ReplyDeleteYou were so wise to spend the sickish days just reading! :) I hope you have a lovely weekend and soon feel completely back to normal.
Oh Grace Livingston Hill books!!! They are awesome.
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend makes up for your week!
Sounds like you got a lot done during the week, even with not feeling well. Glad you are starting to feel better. I hope your weekend is blessed and nausea free. :)
ReplyDeleteYou had a very productive week even though you were not feeling well. I hope you feel better Saturday!
ReplyDeleteI am soooooooooo sorry you have been feeling sick. I do hope you get your strength and appetite back. And all the plans sound like so much fun. I need to check into that book you mentioned is it a Kindle book?
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
In Him<><
-Mary
Sorry you haven't felt well all week -- you aren't expecting, are you? teehe DD (oh,oh, I almost said Abbey)seems okay with being picked up, that's good. Have a good and restful weekend my friend!
ReplyDeleteTo reply to your comment about our granadilla:
ReplyDeleteWe got the granadilla by accident. Occasionally we stop at a very upscale grocery store for their milk and egg specials. Mr. 17 always checks out the discounted produce. He found a tray with 2 dragonfruit and three mysterious orange balls for $1.99, so we bought it, because we love dragon fruit and it is normally very expensive.
We were rather startled when we cut open a granadilla, because it's full of greenish-grey seeds. We almost didn't dare try them ! LOL
We actually had to look it up on google images to find out what it was, the fruit of a kind of passion flower! It's very yummy, but I do still prefer pomegranite, strawberry, and pineapple. Besides, these granadillas are actually $2.99 regularly, way beyond our normal price for fruit. (That little tray of fruit would have cost $15 normally!!)
I hope your garden does well!
So sorry that you were ill. Katie had a 'summer cold' this week and I'm praying no one else gets it - especially Dad, as his first day of work at the new job is Monday. (Praise God!)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the idea of fine reduction coupons!! (I think I may even mention that to our library!) ;-)