Monday, June 11, 2012

It's a New Week!

After a busy weekend, and a warm night for sleeping last night, I am waking up a little slowly this morning, wishing for some coffee that cannot be!  We kept busy this weekend, but not terribly. It actually helped me to keep going. 


Saturday highlights:
  • Early morning family tennis practice
  • A trip through the car wash
  • Picking up Ryan from his youth group sleep over
  • Attending a family high school graduation open house
  • Coming home to grill out 
  • Watching Bat Man on MeTV
Sunday highlights: 

  • Worship was one of the most precious times.  We thanked God for 27 years of faithfulness to our church.   
  • Packed up snacks and headed to a state park pool in the country.
  • Found the pool to be not over crowded, even on this 90 degree day.  
  • Being in the park, seeing beautiful rolling rills on the way, all soothing to my soul. 
  • Came home to grilled leftovers
  • Watched Deep Space Nine 
Now, I just need to gear up for a busy week of friends, swimming, helping family, and what not. 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full and great weekend, much like ours (well, ours was only full on Saturday). Hoping you have a lovely week to match!

    Wishing you rain... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about State Parks like McCormick's Creek - sort of like being in another world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. Wow, 27 years. Did you and Jeff go to the same church before you met?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff and I found our church about 6 months after we were married. It will be 17 years this summer that we became members. I only wish I had been a founding member 27 years ago!

      Delete
  4. Yay for the new week! I needed a new one...hehe! Sounds like you had a beautiful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! We love our state parks down here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed stopping by for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend. so happy to hear that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails