Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekending at Lake Michigan

We survived!  It was a splendid weekend, but HOT, which made camping not so much fun unless you like hot weather.  I am not a fan, so I spent time reading in the air conditioned camper on the worst day.

Temp when we arrived. 

Friday was an awesome day.  We went from hot and humid at home to a cool 68 degrees at the lake in the afternoon.  It was glorious, but we knew it would not last.



Saturday, the heat came, and unfortunately, I did not pay attention to keeping hydrated.



By Sunday morning, I had a headache, was dizzy, nauseous, and weak.  Thankfully, I finally realized that I was suffering from dehydration and drank tons of water and Gatorade, rested in the camper, and took it easy all day.  I think it reached 96 this day.  Crazy. 



Monday was still hot, so we packed up and came home a little early.  It was good to be home.  Dorothy did well all by herself, but she missed us, too. 



All in all, it was a very nice weekend.  We got to see our family who live up there, listen to a lecture on Cuban birds, ride bikes, swim, and do some hiking, which makes it all worth it.  Oh, and it did not even rain once!  There were big storms in the area just north over the lake.  I am thankful they did not drop down south, although, it might have cooled us off. 

Next trip is in three weeks, Father's Day!


4 comments:

  1. Glad it didn't rain. I should have forwarned you that heat was headed your way. We have had tons of rain with it & spent Saturday evening in the basement (because of storms), but all is well. I'd say that isn't roughing it much if you have AC in the camper, haha. It looks like a fun time was had and the beach doesn't look too crowded. Now you can rest up for next time. Glad you are back safe & sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To drink water is so important when it is warm weather. I am glad for you it was a great weekend. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you figured out what the problem was and got some water into you. Like I said, we had such cold weather I saw people with campers come back down from the mountains early from their weekends cars & campers covered in snow. There should be a happy medium between too hot and snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, these last few days have been almost unbearably hot here. We are due for rain tonight and it should cool off a bit. I hope you get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails