![]() |
| Ryan and our Dorothy, the blur. |
Monday...
Praise the Lord for rain and a cooler day! The rain came through while we were sleeping, but left cooler temps. I was a bit worried when it reached 90 this weekend.
Today I had three or four simple goals that turned into a total tidy of the house and working on mountains of laundry. We changed all the linens on all the beds. Picked up and put away things. Got the bathrooms clean.
The kids also got their Summer Enrichment Program up and going. That's our fancy name for summer school. They don't want me to use the "s" word.
Dinner was a simple chef salad to use up some vegetables that needed eaten. Plus, we have had such feasts all weekend long that we needed to be "good" tonight.
![]() |
| Park playdate! |
Tuesday...
I am loving, loving, loving this weather! It's sunny, warm, and there is no humidity! We are also loving our Summer Enrichment work. The younger two actually begged me to start reading aloud again. So we started reading The Phantom Tollbooth, a funny story about a boy's travels through an imaginary world. The youngest also finished their first week of spelling work, getting all their words correct on the post test. And they both did a little math. Trevor exclaimed tonight,"I love summer school!" (Score one for mom.)
After lunch, we spread a blanket on the trampoline and enjoyed the sunshine,and some giggles. We also were able to see our bird friends, the Scarlet Tanagers, which only visit the tree tops!
Dinner was an experiment. I took my regular meatloaf recipe, shaped it into a round flat circle, put it in the middle of the crock pot and put four pricked potatoes around it. I wasn't sure the potatoes will cook right, not being cut up, but the whole thing was a success! I am going to do this again. It's nice not having to heat up the kitchen. (Still no oven and no word about when that will change.)
![]() |
| Library time! |
Wednesday...
Ah, Wednesday! The weather continues to be perfect, by the way. It's warm, but the humidity is low. Yippee! Today, we took our little friend to the bakery and library. Then we went home for grilled cheese. We also had the pleasure of meeting friends at a park in the afternoon. We had a nice time at the park with our friends. The mom has been Grace's small group leader this year in Sunday school, and I've known her forever, too. Our sons are great buddies, so it was nice to get them together. We didn't do formal studies today. Life was enriching enough!
Dinner was chicken brats, brown rice, and steamed zucchini. The handy man called and is coming tomorrow morning! I may have an oven next week!
![]() |
| New shelves installed, waiting to be painted. Old stove on the floor. |
Thursday...
Jeff is off today! It's a day for mowing, running errands, karate, babysitting, and the men came to demo the kitchen! That leaves me without a working stove/oven now until sometime next week. They removed the upper and lower cabinets and built an upper and lower shelf. It's not ideal, as I did not have cabinet space to loose, but I think it will work since that is the only option without getting a totally new kitchen. The new stove/oven will be so nice. And right now I am getting really skilled at cooking without one. I do miss baking, a lot.
Friday...
Packing up and shipping out! See you Tuesday!!
| Lake Michigan! |




Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe landlord should give you a discount on your rent for all the time you have gone without a "necessity" -- a good sport discount of some kind, I think.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend you 5!
Sounds like a great week. I wish we had some of your warmth. Our temps dropped to the 60's with rain and wind. Oh to have some sunshine and warmth again. I hope you have a great weekend away. :)
ReplyDeleteJenn, summer fun! I remember reading that book with the children and we all enjoyed it. :D
ReplyDeleteThat the humidity is low, is pleasant. Here was the humidity was high and then the heat is not funny. Nice pictures and great that your bathroom is clean on monday. That's always a tough job. Succes with the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteLake Michican is great. I love the photo.
You seem to be embracing summer with all gusto! I am waiting for the warmer days to arrive. We are very much still in spring weather. And you are doing so well without a oven. You seem to be learning a lot of new ways to make dinner too. [o= I hope you had a fun week end away!
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
What a lovely week. I guess we have all your humidity down here! Finally getting out again to try out the new camper later this week.
ReplyDeleteI hope this week is off to a great start for you!