Monday, May 7, 2012

First Camping Trip of 2012

Just back from a whirlwind trip to our favorite lake, Lake Michigan at Indiana Dunes State Park.  For 24 hours, it was "make the most of every moment."  We'd been obsessing about the weather for a week.  I really didn't think we'd get to go, as we only had a day and I was not interested in going if it was going to rain. 

Thankfully, the weather was absolutely beautiful!     We did a craft at the nature center. We hiked. We played at the beach.  We had Grandma and her friend over for dinner. We watched a sunset.   We enjoyed our camper.  (I wish I could say that we enjoyed sleeping in our camper, but a noisy bird kept us awake off and on!) And then we packed up in a big hurry the next day after lunch to avoid the storm that was threatening our happiness! 







9 comments:

  1. I knew this was going to be a great weekend all along...or maybe not. Very thankful for a blessed couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I just know you all had a blessed time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking much warmer there now, but still I don't see many people in those pictures - were you guys the only campers there? Glad you had a good time. Perhaps you could mark down your trip as a school day towards that 180, I'm sure it was an educational fieldtrip, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! looks beautiful! Raccoons keep us up at one particular park we go to. the try so hard to get in the coolers. We have to tie the lids down or lock them up. I really think one tried to come in our camper one night! I heard the door jiggling and the then something was rocking the camper. They are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty pictures. So glad you had a good time and that the rain stayed away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks just gorgeous! I hope it was the first of many fun trips for you this year. I also hope that we get to go camping this year. (In the backyard if nothing else - LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice being so close to nature. Your picture of the sunset is magnefiek! Very nice. I think nature is much wider than in the Netherlands. Cherish your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn, look at that seashore! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails