Saturday, April 14, 2012

Meet Dorothy

Such a sweet face! 
I knew I was doomed.  OK, doomed is too drastic of a word.  Out voted would be more like it.  My kids were hurting.  They'd never not had a cat.  They were very anxious to have another cat, as soon as possible.  They were sending me links to available cats in the area.  I was sort of for waiting six months.  (You can see who won!)  In the end, Jeff decided that we should call about little Dorothy and talk to her foster mom.  So, I called.  We had a lovely chat about Dorothy, who seemed to be social and loved kids.  Dorothy has been living with her foster family for more than a month while Dorothy healed from her spaying surgery.

Since Jeff had to work, I had to make the decision.  We went to see Dorothy and found her to be laid back, playful, eating well, healing well, and so cute.  Did I mention she has the bluest eyes I've ever seen?  We spent over an hour with her.  The kids were sold.  I liked that she was not in a shelter, but a family's home and that they could tell me how she was.  (We did not go to their house, they brought her to PetCo.)  I decided that I could not hold the family back, so I signed the adoption papers.

I don't know if we've rushed things. The vet who worked with Abbey said that some people go straight from his office to getting another cat.  I guess a 2 days was too long without a kitty for the kids.  Time will tell if we did the right thing.  I do think Dorothy will help the kids deal with things.  The kids think she is cute, precious, and fun.


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look like a sweet kitty! It doesn't mean that you forget your Abbey cat, but she'll help fill that empty space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy looks like a sweet kitty. I think you made the right decision! May purrs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a nice kitty. Glad you her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that Dorothy will bless your family as much as you have blessed her with a loving family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Abbey would have been happy to know that you adopted a needy cat for the children's sake. Dorothy does look like a sweet kitty and she is blessed to have joined such a wonderful cat-lovin' family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. To love and be loved - always the right thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a challenge! I hope you have fun with this cat. Cute animal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, precious and fun, 24/7! And I do mean 24/7!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet kitty! Congrats on the latest addition =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww - she looks like a sweetheart.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenn...I'm so sorry about losing your kitty--it's always hard to lose a beloved pet. But I think you're smart to get another kitty right away, especially for the kids. And she looks sweet (I love her name). :-)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails