Tuesday, April 17, 2012
The Adjustment Period
Dorothy Dumplings, as she is called, seems quite comfy in her new home, although there are so many new sounds and people for her to adjust to. The rescue recommends the newly adopted pet stay in one room for a whole week. And it really does seem to calm her. She has been out to explore a time or two each day and usually ends up walking around crying a lot. So, in her room she goes and spends a lot of quality time with the kids one on one. I am hoping she will settle in sooner than later, but I am mindful that she has been through a lot in her young life. Despite not having the best start in life, I can see that she is a good kitty, very affectionate and well mannered. Makes me think she spent a good deal of time with kind humans at one point in her life. Perhaps she is a door-dasher and ran away, lured by the excitement and glamor of a life of chasing birds? It's hard to say what her story is. One thing is for certain, she enjoys people. I like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


As I read this, it occurred to me that it is too easy to think that the "rescue" part of her life ended when she arrived at our home and jumped out of her box. Not so. We are just the next step in her rescue process.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweetheart. She looks happy to have a comfy place to nap!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute kitty. I'm glad she is slowly adjusting to her new home. I'm sure with such a loving family like you all are, she will adjust fully soon. :)
ReplyDeleteYour Dorothy Dumplings is simply adorable! I love the color of her coat. She seems like a very loveable kitty. :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty girl, she looks very sweet. And by the look of the pictures, she seems to be adjusting just fine. She is blessed to have you all now as her forever family.
ReplyDeleteOh Jenn...I have been off the blog grid and did not know of Abbys passing. So so sorry. I know the ache you feel. What a lovely new furbabie! She is beautiful. HUGs to you.
ReplyDeleteLieve poes/ lovely cat! I like the pics. Is she light brouwn or gray?
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jedidja! She is actually both light brown and gray. She's rather unusual in her markings. It makes her all the more charming!
Delete