![]() |
| Best day of the week, getting the camper! |
Sunday...
We awoke amazed that our new kitty slept all night at the foot of our bed. Church was great, as usual. Emotionally, I was exhausted, and needed some down time in the afternoon. Jeff to the rescue! He took Trevor back and forth to choir practice, got Ryan a hair cut, went to Costco, mowed the grass, and let me rest! Thank you, Jeff!
![]() |
| Perfect shirt for Trevor |
Monday...
Today was our last homeschool gym class until the middle of September. Hopefully, we can meet up at a local park with some of our friends from the class once this summer. After gym, we got our weekly bread at Great Harvest. (Yes, it's expensive, but I want to support local businesses that make real food!) After lunch, we opened the books. Grace had dance and I looked at old photo albums, undisturbed, while waiting for her.
![]() |
| Contemplative Kitty |
Tuesday...
Busy day, as usual. We got our lessons done, had lunch, then played with our dear little friend. I also got laundry caught up. In the afternoon, I took Grace to art class, came back home to make dinner, and Jeff got off in time to bring her home. Woo hoo! I also got to go to bunco night. (Bunco or Bunko? either way, it's a fun dice counting game. I belong to a group that's been going for more than 10 years!) AND the best news of the day is that tax season is officially over!!!
![]() |
| Marking off the apple orchard. Math in action! |
![]() |
| My honey crisp! |
Wednesday...
Jeff was off today, office closed! So, we made the trip to see Grandpa's new apple trees . And pick up our camper, which he had so graciously stored for us this past winter. We had a nice visit, good lunch, and conversations. I hated to dash off, but we had to get home for AWANA. *sigh*
![]() |
| Grandpa's apple trees waiting to be planted. |
Thursday...
Great weather again today. I ended up taking Grace to see the doctor this morning, because on Tuesday her ear started hurting really bad, and she just had an ear infection the end of February. I always wait to make sure it is worth the trip and it seems like I made the right call. The doctor said her ear was fire engine red. :-( Of course, that doesn't stop her from doing her school work, like a trouper. We watched our dear little friend today, too. Grace did stay home from karate though. Jeff and I did not get an official date night, but it was still good having him home in daylight hours!
Another thing occurred to me. Dorothy seems to have settled into our routine today. She joined us for school. She loves to roll on top of colored pencils for some reason. They must smell good to her? She is also a very verbal cat, which is so Siamese-like. She frequently makes a little noise that sounds like a Star Trek's Tribble. I kid you not! We are really enjoying her. God is so good to send us this sweet kitty just when we needed her most. My heart is grieving Abbey, but I have a smile on my face thanks to Dorothy Dumplings.
![]() |
| Sweet Kitty. |
Friday...
Today we must finish up our lessons, because we took Wednesday off. We have some library books due and one on hold to pick up. Dorothy needs another toy, too. And, I have a messy house to deal with. How did that happen?
![]() |
| More of the adorable kitty. |
Saturday...
We were going to take a day trip and possibly camp overnight, but since Grace is sick, and its going to be too cold, we will just stay home and enjoy the free day. Free day? Did I say that? Here's our to do list:
- Spring clean the pop up camper
- Check and set camping supplies
- Home Depot trip for camping supplies, grill stuff
- Gardening beds made (holes drilled into kiddie pool)
- Cut grass, weed
- Grill out on Saturday
![]() |
| "Would you please stop taking so many pictures?" |









Oh, Jenn, Dorothy looks like such a sweetie! I wish we could have a cat, but my husband is very allergic.
ReplyDeleteI hope Grace is feeling better. Our kids just can't seem to get well, and I don't know what it is. Perhaps, like Enid Blyton's British kids, we just need to go to a warm, sunny place for a few weeks to recover and have some crazy adventures. :)
It's so exciting that you're getting the camper ready. We're trying to decide between camping and laying hens; getting someone to care for them would be very expensive, but we would enjoy their eggs all year...
Have a blessed Sunday!
I'd be tempted to choose hens, myself, if I had the required 2 acres, but my husband would choose camping!
DeleteI hope Grace's ear is not giving her much trouble anymore. Dorothy is so cute, but she'd make me sneeze :-)!
ReplyDeleteWe will be getting our camper out today or tomorrow, leaving Monday for our first camping trip of 2012! Super excited.
Have a wonderful weekend, Jenn!
Sounds like a great week, except for Grace being sick. Glad you got the camper out and getting it ready to go. I hope you have a great weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteFinally making rounds to comment, vacation is exhausting! Yay for the end of tax season and the beginning of camping season!
ReplyDeleteJenn, I know you miss your sweet Abbey but I am so glad that Dorothy has filled a little space in your family. She must be a loving kitty to have taken to everyone and everything so quickly. I am so glad!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's camper time! So, is Dorothy part Siamese? That is funny about the Star Trek talk, she seems to be fitting in purrfectly, between being a Trekie & sleeping with you already, she seems to be loving her new family and your comfy furniture. A very pretty kitty.
ReplyDeleteOh and about the apple trees, so were you guys helping Gpa plant 4 of his & then you get one at his house? Apple Crisp too, yeah!!! I hate to burst your bubble though, you won't be getting any apples from it this fall, hahaha, jk.
Dorothy is part snowshoe and part tiger. Snowshoes are part Siamese and American Shorthair. So, since she has blue eyes, she'd be considered to be related to a Siamese somewhere down the line. She seems to chatter like one anyway. Yes, the trees will not bare fruit for several years, but it's a start.
ReplyDeleteOh-h-h...the camper! Sounds so fun--are you going out soon? It'll be a while before we do that here--still too cold in the mountains. Hope you have many happy campting memories this summer.
ReplyDeleteGlad your kitty is sweet and filling the void for you. She seems to be fitting right in.
Are you done with school? We've got another month to go, but I've got Core 300 and am looking forward to planning time for next year!
Blessings on your Sabbath!
We hope to go for a night very soon. We have 20 more days of school, which will be spread out until the last week of May, I think. Can't wait to get to Core 300 in a couple years!
Delete