Saturday, April 14, 2012

This Week At Home, 2012, Week 15

Little notes I write so that I can remember each precious day!


Home made! 


Sunday...

First Easter Sunday in the new sanctuary at church.  Amazing how it was still packed.  After church, we had some family over.  We'd not seen Jeff's mom since Jeff's birthday.  The kids got a bit of chocolate and books in their baskets.  I took a nap during the golf game that was on TV.  (Yay, Bubba!)   Ryan is coming down with a cold.  (Boo!)

We served roasted chickens, fruit salad, green beans, rolls, spiced eggs, home made macaroni and cheese, and cake.  

Grace set the table. 


Monday...

Home school gym, next to last one for the year.  Hard to believe we are in the home stretch to finishing this school this year.  Next we got our free loaf of bread at Great Harvest, free because we'd filled up our loyalty card.  Back at home, we opened up the books, which had been closed for too many days.  "Are you about done," crossed the minds of more than one of my students!  We're studying Martin Luther, reading one of his biographies. I love this time period of history.  Grace had dance and I enjoyed the hour of peace while I waited for her.  *smiles*  Dinner was left overs from Easter.  Easy! 

Why can't they make dresses a bit longer? 


Tuesday...

Lessons in the morning, thankfully attitudes were better.  Then our little friend came to play.  She said she missed our house last week.  So cute!  Ryan is better, but Grace is sneezing more today, more than the usual allergy sneezing.  Ugh!  She did make it to art though.  NOTHING would keep her away.  She's working on a hummingbird, I hear.  Daddy was at a meeting at church tonight.  We missed him.  Dinner was affected by that absence.  We had pancakes, nice healthy pancakes with whole wheat and oats.  :-)  I had a green smoothie, too so that I could get my fruits and veggies. 


Wednesday...

Another very productive morning of lessons.  Spring break fog is past.  Tonight is back to AWANA, only three more after this.  (I think I can, I think I can...)  We woke up to a frosty morning.  Thankfully I covered the lone geranium last night. It needs some friends, but that will have to wait awhile.  Kids seem well, except for some sniffles from Grace, which are probably allergies. 

Dinner tonight will be whole grain pasta with home made marinara, fruit, and steamed broccoli.  


Thursday...

What do I say about this day?  It began after a restless night of no sleep.  I knew that something was very wrong with Abbey.  She spent most of the night either in my arms or between Jeff's feet.  Nothing too unusual about that, but she was unable to relax or purr, which is not normal.  She was also unsteady in her walking the last few days and not eating.  So, I took her to the vet and that's when we learned she did not have working kidneys and there was nothing more to do.

I managed to make a dinner of crust-less quiche, which we ate before going back to the vet's office to say good-bye.  



Friday...

After a weepy morning, Grace and I went to the store.   Then we got the house ready for small group.  I sure missed Abbey today. But, in the light of some other tragic family news, my cousin lost her unborn baby on Wednesday, I am able to put things into perspective. 

I made homemade pizza, broccoli slaw, and sliced up some organic strawberries. 

Small group was just what I needed.  Our friends are so kind.  And it was good to discuss the Scriptures with others.  


Saturday...

Waking up to a rainy day.  Today is Jeff's last Saturday to work during tax season.  It'll be great having him back home two days a week.  The kids and I will just hang out today.  The grass needs mowing when Jeff gets home, but unless it dries up, it will have to wait.  That's OK.  I need a quieter day! 

For dinner we'll have Spicy Chicken, brown rice, strawberries, and cauliflower. 

I hope you have had a nice week!
Jenn

5 comments:

  1. Oh that cake looks delicious!!! Tell Grace that I think she looks lovely in her Easter dress and the Easter table was so pretty. That reminds me that we always go to the Grandparents or out to eat for holidays -- I almost never get to set a holiday table here. I'm going to have to work on that.

    I'm sorry to hear of your cousins' loss. You sure are a trouper, I would have had to cancel small group in light of losing Abbey, I'd be such a basket case. Is that a recent photo of her?

    Sounds like some good eating over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying blessings on your day my friend. I am sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty and your cousins baby. (((HUGS))) That kind of news is hard but thank the Lord He is on control and the sweet baby is with Him now. I will pray for your family and cousin's loss. How are you doing this tax season for I know when hubby is away so much you all miss him TONS. Pray it goes quickly.

    I am so glad I got to stop by. I have missed you tons.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week, except for you kitty. Love the picture of Grace in her dress, and I agree, they need to make them longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks yummy! Sorry about Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is frustrating that dresses aren't a bit longer, especially for taller ladies and girls.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you for taking the time to chime in. And, check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails