Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Been Dreaming Again
It's about that time of the year again. We've been in "taxing season" for what seems like a long time, but really not when I think of those who have husbands in much more demanding careers. (((Hugs to you Jeannie!)
I hesitate to even write this as I have nothing to complain about. I think it is a bit of spring fever that starts to well up inside of me. (I want to go camping! It's been six whole months! And the weather has been awesome, adding to the fever. And we cannot go camping until "taxing season" is over, just a few more weeks!) There is the problem, and the solution is patience. *sigh*
So, all that said...
I took my beloved on a little wild goose chase this past weekend, trying to find this house that I saw listed that was supposed to be only 16 miles up the road. Why? I don't really know, perhaps all that I wrote above? I needed an outlet for my frustrations? Or perhaps it is spring and I am feeling the itch to move to the country again? Or it was a pretty day for a drive despite the fact that gas is $4 a gallon!
Thankfully, the wild goose chase helped me to see that this is not the house for me. It's 30 miles from church! We'd have to seriously give up some weekly trips. Plus, it is an extra 30 miles (each way) for Jeff to drive to work.
But, it is 30 miles closer to the lake! :-) And it is my dream house, a little white farm house with a porch, barn, and detached garage! Still, not really enough to pull me from this current home situated so perfectly to our church, work, library, friends, family, etc., I am mature enough to see that the dream can wait a little while longer.
I guess I had to see it to believe it and get it out of my system. No more looking at those ads. I promise! Time to put that energy into good things around here like our garden boxes and cleaning baseboards!
Labels:
Camping,
Character,
Debt Free Living,
Homes,
Journaling,
Lake Michigan,
Prayer,
Simplicity,
Slice of Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

There's something romantic about living on a gravel road until 6 inches of snow falls.
ReplyDeleteWaiting on the Lord,
Your loving Husband
So true! Although, I did live on a gravel road for two years and it was uneventful. I did not like it when they sprayed it with tar like stuff, though. Very smelly and sticky.
DeleteHey Jeff, I represent that! Haha, just kidding. Up here, the snow packs down & there's no problem.
ReplyDeleteA cute place in the country indeed! I know Jenn, I get feeling that way too many times. I would love to have some acerage on a lake & there is a place for sale that would be nice about 30 minutes from us, but it wouild be further for my Jeff to work too, and it's a bit out of our price range. But just last night I was looking at homes for sale in Israel (for the fun of it) and it made me feel really rich indeed to stay put. I am so thankful for what we have. The reality of it is that my Jeff may very well be losing his job at the end of April (the 4th round of layoffs in 5 years) and so we don't know what the future will hold. Thankfully we know Who holds our future. :)
Yes, we are rich, indeed! I have to remind myself that earth is not really my home anyway. I long for Heaven...
DeleteAhh My sweet blogger J friend Jenn... Hugs back at you.. The way you described the pace sounds divine... but I must also say the pictures you have shared of your current HOME are reminesent of a time gone by.. I dont think I ever told you but I think that kitchen is pretty cool... very REAL retro and I like that..
ReplyDeleteI did have to laugh at your hubster Jeff.. ha ha ha true true about snow and gravel road.. although our Farmhouse doesnt sit that far from a paved road.. we still had to shuffle and then slide(from the ice) in our gravel drive and with a creek bed running along next to it.. I was already a lil nervous... Have you thought about building a model dream house? using a doll house kit.. maybe that might help you.. even if to steal you away at moments to pretend..
Yes, my retro kitchen is quaint! The 80's bathroom is even more so with it's blue bath tub and glob lights that hang down on chains! I have not thought about building a model dream house, but I would consider making a dream home page on my blog, kind of like Pinterest. Thanks for the hugs. I do pray for you and your dear family!
DeleteIt will come in time....His time. I always lived in the country.....so the 30 minute drive to evcerything seems normal to me. Only in our new lifestyle of living in a RV have I actually been close to things. Seems strange still to be 5 minutes from something, haha.
ReplyDeleteOh and we did live on a gravel road.....but never have lived any where with snow, hahaha. That would be interesting. We lived where there are hurricanes and tornadoes just no snow.
ReplyDeleteI think we have been looking at the same house! Big yard, trees, backed up to a field... and yes, we're waiting on the Lord, too. And yes, we're rich. Working on that meek and quiet spirit of contentment. ♥
ReplyDeleteOh that does sound lovely (except the commute.)
ReplyDeleteI myself am dreading the thought of possibly moving - depending on how our job situation plays out. We are a block and a half from our church right now....and I love it.
Enjoy your' spring break!
Michelle
That is a pretty house, but you are right to look at all aspects of things. My dream house would have a huge, wrap around porch on it. I still like to dream it, but I know it all reality I'll probably never have a house with a porch on it. But that's ok, I try to want what the Lord has for me (though that's not always easy). :)
ReplyDeletedream houses...I think they are only in dreams. ;-) BTW, if you have extra energy, I have LOTS of white baseboards that were hollering at me today as I did devotions. They are in desperate need of a cleaning, but I am plugging my ears and not listening to them until break-up is over and the sloshing of the mud stops. HA!
ReplyDelete